Monday, June 8, 2009

The Snuggle Bugs

I figured it was time for an update. I finally finished my delivery post on my pregnancy blog, click here to read it, but be warned it includes full delivery details...

Life is moving along in the Lee house. We are sorta settling into a routine. Basically that routine consists of just functioning. Rex is doing good, eating and sleeping good, he's just not sleeping in his crib yet. Nor is he sleeping at the right time. He likes to sleep all day and not at night. Well, he sleeps at night, just not like he does during the day. I've also come to notice the differences in my babies. Boo liked to be swaddled, wrapped up tight and didn't mind sleeping in her crib. Rex on the other hand doesn't want to be wrapped, he likes his hands up by his face, but he has to be warm and snugly. I'm enjoying how cuddly he is, I probably hold him too much, but hey, they don't stay this small forever!
*It's a hard life...

Boo is doing good. She really likes Rex, she's constantly wanting to hold him, mostly when I'm in the middle of nursing. She's taken it upon herself to be his wardrobe specialist and gets very upset when I choose his clothes instead of her. She also picks his diaper at changing time (since they have characters on them) and also disposes of the dirty diaper. She's always willing to go and get what ever I need whether it's something for him or something I need. It's really been helpful.
She's also had a lot of time with her daddy since Rex got here. They are buddies. I'm not always available to help her so she's become very independent and so close with Bo. It's wonderful to watch them. She's also trying to get away with anything she can. She's constantly asking to stay up later, and also to sleep in our bed. Since I'm usually up with Rex nursing, she tries to squirm her way into my side of the bed by sweet talkin' her daddy. It usually works...

Last Saturday we had the fortunate happen-stance that both our kids were asleep at the same time! And maybe Bo and I would've gotten a nap too, but right after Boo fell asleep while cuddling with Bo, Bo got called out to work and was gone for the rest of the day. So I got a few minutes of peace to clean up a few things.

We've had some visitors. A few friends from here, but also Grandma Debbie and Dee came to see us. We had lunch with them and visited, it was nice to see them!

So on that note, we are feeling up to visitors, just be sure to call first to make sure we're home and dressed!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

You're red furniture is so HOT!! I love it! I'm glad you're "functioning." Hooray for functioning! Give yourself credit!
Great job Boo for being such a good helper! I don't Eldon at 2 years will be as helpful with his little brother.

Katy said...

I am soooooo jealous that I haven't gotten to see the baby yet!!! I want to see Boo and meet Rex sooo bad!!! Plus visiting with you is always fun too :) haha Oh and give Boo a high five for being such a good helper for me!!!! What a great big sister she is!!!!