Sunday, June 13, 2010

Boo was singing the theme song to Veggie Tales:

♫♪"Broccoli, celery, gotta pee..." ♪♫

~*~*~*~*~*~

The other day, Boo and I were having a play date in our back yard with some friends and she told me: "Mom, you really need to clean out the box with the bubble stuff in it because it full of a lot of crap... so clean it."

I guess I better start watching what I say around her...

~*~*~*~*~*~

I am not the bug killer in the house, I am super squeamish around them. And if Bo isn't home, Boo is quite brave about stomping any bugs. Here's a conversation from a night a week ago in our house:

Bo: Hey babe, come here quick!
Me: Okay.... *I start walking toward the bathroom*

As I'm rounding the corner to the bathroom *Schmack!*

Me: Ah! What is that?!
Bo: I don't know... I've never seen a bug like it before.
Me: Ew, so what did you call me in here for?
Bo: To kill the bug.
Me: I don't even have any shoes on!
Bo: *As he shows me the dead bug he killed with his bare hand* Neither did I.
Me: But I'm not the resident bug killer, you are.
Bo: I thought you could use a turn killing the bugs for once, plus did you see that bug, it was huge!
Me: Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick to just screaming and having you do it. Ew, and I was just in here a few minutes ago alone, it could've eaten me!
Bo: So, you ready to call the exterminator yet?

I walked away shuttering. Gross.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After a primary activity about Missionary work, we had the Missionaries over for dinner the next night. One Elder was commenting that he had seen Boo at the activity.

Elder: Did you enjoy the primary activity?
Boo: Yeah...
Elder: Did you like getting wet? (It was a water activity)
Boo: Yeah, but it was cold because it was windy.
Elder: Yeah, but did you like talking about Missionaries?
Boo: ...Uh, yeah? (It really was a question, I don't think she thought she was allowed to say 'no')
Elder: Do you want to serve a mission when you grow up?
Boo: No!
Elder: *laughing* Really? Why not?
Boo: Because girls don't go on missions, only boys!
Elder: Some girls do, some go to the temple and serve there.
Boo: No, I don't think so.
Elder: So what do you want to do when you grow up? Become a mom?
Boo: Um, yeah! (like, duh!) And an artist. Because I'm a good artist. So I'm going to do both.
Elder: You're a good artist? Can you draw a picture of me?
Boo: Yes!

She left the room and came back later with a My Little Ponies coloring book and showed the Elder the picture she drew.

Elder: Is that me? Are you saying I look like a horse?
Boo: No! You're right here. (Pointing to the little thing she drew above the pony)
Elder: Oh good, I thought you were saying I was the pony.

She then left again and was gone a few minutes, then returned with a small notebook.

Boo: Here I drew another picture. A picture of both of you guys.
Elder: Oh look! She drew us holding hands...
Boo: Yep. And this one is you. (Which was funny because our Elders have a slight height difference. She drew the short Elder tall in the picture and the tall Elder short)
Elder: Well, you said it, you're a great artist. Are you sure you don't want to serve a mission?
Boo: I told you already, No! I'm going to be an artist!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You know, I can't wait to see what happens when her brother starts talking. I've really got two characters in this house, and you never know what will happen when the third one joins the ranks.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Boo is hilarious! That last story about the missionaries is classic!! My favorite part is that she says... "No I already told You..." hahahahahaha!!! I love that girl!

Tyson and Angela said...

So funny! I love that little girl! And, if it makes you feel any better, I make Tyson kill all the bugs in our house too. Isn't that the man of the house's job anyway??

Miss you guys! Hope you are doing well!