Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Valley Fun

As I mentioned, I was gone for a week, earlier this month. Bo graciously let me wander around the state while he stayed home and worked. What a HeMan! My sister Laura flew in from Washington with her girls, so we took the opportunity to go to the valley to see her and my other 3 siblings. We had a lot of laughs, and quite a good time. Many thanks to Jenny for the hotel she ran! Laura planned a day out at a park to have treats and visiting. It was a "little" hot, but definitely bearable.

First there were 3, then came along another to make 4, followed by again another to make 5.
There were sand volleyball courts at the park that had sprinkler that you could turn on to wet the court down, the kids had a good time with this. Boo shockingly stayed pretty dry, but she did play in the sand a bit.
After a hot time at the park we decided to go to Fiesta Mall to let the kids play at the play land there. I would've taken pictures there, but I guess the heat drove many people inside because the play land was packed! I thought I lost Boo a time or two. Boo knows that mall and she knows it's the one with the carousel, so she begged the whole time to go ride it. After some persuasion, and tears we consented.
Here is view from the top, did you know they put in a two story carousel, I didn't. It's pretty cool.
We joined Jenny and her family at church on Sunday, and after church on the way out to the car, the 3-year olds ganged up on Zack. He loved every minute of it!
Because of the slackers that we are, we kept trying to get a picture of all 3 sisters; it never happened. At least we got one of two of us.
For all you Pysch (TV series on USA) fans, "spot the pineapple".
We even played Rock band one night, it was fun. It is something I could probably easily get attached to. Laura and I had issues learning since we were the only ones who had not ever played. I guess I will have to go back and visit just to get better!
The girls tried to play the next morning, they weren't as good as we were. I guess they have time to grow into true Rock Stars!
Other fun things that we did that I didn't get pictures of was all the play time the kids got in. Boo was in heaven with all of the cousins to play with. At the Yazzie hotel they had a trampoline that Boo spent most of her time on. I'm guessing she lost a pound or two while there because she jumped on it so much! We also had a big family party that no one thought to get their camera out and snap some pictures of. Next time I guess.

No comments: