I uploaded these pictures.... at the beginning of December and never got around to narrating and posting them. So here I am, trying to return to that land of the living - trying to catch up - and the first thing I need to do to update my blog is post this. I have tons more pictures that will have to wait patiently until I find a few more spare minutes.
Quick update:
*We had a great Christmas, we stayed home and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
*We had a great Thanksgiving, we didn't stay home and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves as well.
*And Halloween was good too. Boo enjoyed it quite immensely, Rex on the other hand, didn't care.
*I spent the greater part of November up north with my parents and was joined by Bo before Thanksgiving. It was a nice little vacation, but it's always nice to get back to reality, and laundry.
*We had 2 funerals in a week the first part of December, both were family. I think we've had our fair share for a while.
*Rex is almost 8 months!! And has started solid food. Crawling. Standing up on furniture (we're sure he'll be walking soon). Eating everything in sight. And talking quite a lot. Now on to get him to sleep through the night.
*Boo is a great big sister. It's nice that Rex is a little more entertaining to her since he became mobile. They usually play quite nicely together.... until he disturbs her current project and she squeals for me to "come get Rex, he's getting my stuff!"
*After 24 batches of caramels, I think we're done! Halle-freaking-lujah! Now I can stop EATING them. Darn things. But they taste so good... I went a whole day yesterday without eating one. That's a first since we started making them over a month ago. Too bad I have 3 batches to cut and wrap today, or maybe I'd go another day with out eating one... but I won't. ...I don't think my teeth can handle much more!
That's about it.... that I can think of for now. I'm shocked and amazed that I've neglected blogging for so long. I have haven't had 2 minutes to rub together to find extra time in my day. Although, life gets better each day with Rex now crawling, he's not such a demanding baby anymore, and I can leave him to play while I get stuff done. It's refreshing. Anyway, on to the pictures - in no particular order:
Bo and Boo being silly. I was taking picture of his mustache when he was growing it out. He has since cut it.
I couldn't resist taking a picture. He looked so cute. Rex had fallen asleep after his bath one Sunday morning.
Rex and Boo in the rocking chair my dad made. It was pretty much the first documented smile from Rex.
We've been trying to make a goal to do more activities as a family on weekends. These pictures must've been taken in early November, maybe even October... Boo decided that we needed to go to the park "as a family" - that's her new favorite phrase, along with "is it family home evening night?"
Rex starting solid food and being unimpressed. He didn't like the Rice cereal, but loves Oatmeal. More than that he loves feeding himself. Anything he gets his hands on goes right in his mouth. The good things is that he's finally stopped choking on things and started to chew pretty well in spite of his lack of chompers. The bad thing, he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. Paper on the floor, dirt, leaves, paperclips, etc... I'm just waiting for him to poop out an ornament.
After:
These pictures were Rex just smiling for me. I took a bunch, he's got a really sweet smile. The pants picture is for posterity. I took one of Boo when she was about his age with pants on her head. I was going to post them side by side, but hadn't gotten the energy to find the picture of Boo and scan it and post it. Someday... someday I'll have time...
Halloween.... um, yeah. I can't believe I'm posting about it 3 months later. Oh well. Boo was a cowgirl/sheriff. But I think she just looks like a rodeo queen, but don't say that to her, it makes her mad because she is "not a queen!" Her favorite part of the outfit, the guns. She is her daddy's little girl.
2 comments:
Wow Kay Ellen that was a whole lotta info all at once!! And hold the phone, Rex started actually crawling and you didn't tell me!!! Booooo to you! I was waiting for that! How fun though he will be causing massive trouble in no time! :) Love all the pictures, and you are right Boo does look like a Rodeo Queen but I will be sure not to say that too her haha. Wow, I can't even remember what else I was going to say, there was just too much!! haha. Oh well. :)
I'm sad the mustache is gone.
Post a Comment