Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Comedy Just Oozes From a 4 Year Old

I love to document cute or funny things that Boo says. Here are a few recent ones that I took the time to write down so I wouldn't forget:

This was right after Christmas and Boo was sitting on the couch playing her new game. She must've been thinking really hard.

Boo: Santa isn't real.
Me: Uh huh...
Boo: But Jesus is real.
Me: You're right.
Boo: And Jesus is the reason we celebrate Christmas. And give presents. And be with our families.
Me: Yep.
Boo: But Jesus isn't in the sky...
Me: Oh really?
Boo: Yeah, because when we flew to Washington in the airplane, I didn't see him.
Me: So... where is Jesus?
Boo: Well, he's sometimes in the sky, but he just wasn't when we flew to Washington.
Me: I see...

~*~*~*~*~*~

Just this morning, we went to the post office. She likes to race me back to the car by running down the wheelchair ramp while I use the stairs.

Boo: Mom, I ran so fast!
Me: Yes! You did!
Boo: Yep. ...Mom? Was there dust?
Me: What?
Boo: Was there dust behind me when I ran so fast?
Me: ....of course there was... since you're such a fast runner.
Boo: Yep. I'm SO fast.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Boo has quite a few names for Rex. The most frequently called ones are Little Mister, Trouble,
Little one, Stinky or Stinky Mister (when he needs a diaper change).

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Boo is having a hard time understand who she can marry. She talks about it a lot.

Boo: Mom, I'm going to marry Rex when I get older.
Me: You can't marry Rex because he's your brother.
Boo: Okay, then I'll marry Daddy.
Me: You can't marry Daddy because I'm married to your Daddy.
Boo: We can both be married to Daddy!
Me: ...no. Your Daddy is already married. You'll have to find someone else to marry.
Boo: Then I'll marry Rex!
Me: You can't marry him because he's your brother! You have to marry someone not in your family. Like one of your friends that is a boy.
Boo: But they aren't in my family!
Me: I know. That's the point.
Boo: So I won't be in your family any more?
Me: No, you still will. You'll just have your own family then.
Boo: But I want to stay in your family! That's why I'm going to marry Rex. Cause he's part of my family.
Me: But you can't...
Boo: Uh huh!
Me: I give up. Marry your brother.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Those were funny, but the last one about who she will marry was extra sweet. :)

Katy said...

Boo is hilarious. She always says the funniest things! She is right figuring out who to Marry is such a hard thing to understand!!!! haha
I am so excited to come see you guys!!

C&KMillerAcres said...

You're encouraging incest huh? It's been forever since I blogged too. I've been working on a project. I'll tell you about it later. I finally got Christmas stuff posted though if you want to check it out. Rex is getting so big. JD still seems so small.

d.jo said...

Hahahaha! I love kids! They make me forget all the stupid things that cause me to stress out. : ) Boo is so cute! The Jesus in the sky one is awesome.