So a couple of random things to report... I finished Harry Potter 3 last night. Again, I really enjoyed it. The little detail that is added, makes the story feel more complete. I am a little nervous about approaching the rest of the books. I have never been much of a book reader, especially such long ones. The paperback copy we have of the 3rd book was just over 500 pages, that's probably the longest book I've ever read, sad I know. (That is, I've read the BOM, and I'm not sure how many pages that is, and it's probably more, but this book is a close second.) I am also a little worried about starting the 4th book because I enjoyed the first three so much as well as the first three movies that I hope to not be disappointed. The 4th movie was confusing, and it's probably because it's such a long book to fit into a movie. So hopefully I will enjoy it. Wish me luck on my reading, I'm still not sure I'll make it through such a long book...
Other news, we are finally "plug" free! Hooray!! Boo has now gone more than a week without a plug and has pretty much stopped asking for it. She goes to bed at night really well without it, but naps are a little harder. I convinced her that she was a big girl and that plugs are for babies. She finally saw the logic and agreed that she wasn't a baby anymore and that she didn't need a plug. Bo admitted that her having a plug wasn't really a big problem, but it was starting to make her teeth go crooked. She never graduated to a "bigger" plug, she has always had a 0-6 month plug, so needless to say it was way too small for her mouth. So I tried a couple of things to get her to give it up. I tried telling her we were going to give it as a present to my sister Laura for her new baby. She was really excited about doing this, (she really likes babies) but she just couldn't handle letting them go. So in the end, I just had to be the mean mom and take them away. Actually they more just disappeared... It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. She cried the first night without it, and for the next week she asked for it every night before bed. Her visits to my bedside increased during that week as well because she would wake up looking for it, and then come find me to help her find it. It would take some convincing to get her back in bed and asleep but she adjusted. Now, a more than a week later, we are back to sleeping normal and Boo is plug free!!

4 comments:
Big thumbs up on the reading!
I completely understand how daunting those large books can be. I am working on one right now that is just over 1,000 pages. The thing is, as long as the book is good, it doesn't matter how long it is.
Woo Hoo!!! for getting rid of plugs and having your sweetie pie be a big girl. It makes many things so much easier.
The Book of Mormon is 530 pages, but the wording is not as concentrated as Harry Potter. You will become engrossed in the rest of them in spite of the length. Go for it! If nothing else, there is such a feeling of accomplishment.
I have gotten so confused by the particulars of each book, I can't keep straight what happens in any one of them. I enjoyed reading all of them. Go for it!
Literary guru club of NEAZ
Thanks for the comment about my photos. Next time you are in Phoenix, or if we ever get the chance to leave Phoenix again - I really want to shoot you guys. In a photographic sense. Hopefully our paths will cross again soon.
Post a Comment