I had a friend write on her blog recently that she thought it was strange to write on your blog "I'll be posting about ___blank___ soon, stay tuned!" And I realized that I do that frequently. I think it's mostly for my benefit, ya know, a reminder that I promised a post soon. So I'll try not to make this post that kind of post, but rather a list of reason (and subsequently a quick update) on why I haven't been blogging.
1. I'm horribly sick. I have a head cold that could probably kill a horse. And worse, Rex now is sick.
2. Rex is sick. After a week of crying from what we think is possibly teething, he catches what I have. Sucks.
3. Bo started a perdiem job that takes him away from home A LOT, and not that he's gone too many more hours in the day (or at least the ones that I'm awake for), but this time has to include drive time to and from work for him and he tries to be in bed at 8:00 every night so that he can get up in the morning. Needless to say, our kids don't follow the same schedule. So the hours he's actually here and awake we try to spend as a family.
4. My house is... suffering. Cleaning/Dishes/Nap/Laundry/Vacuuming/Nap; these all seem to be more important than blogging. Did I mention Nap?
5. If I have a spare minute to blog (where I'm not having to hold Rex), Boo finds it more important for me to pay attention to her than to stare at the computer - I seem to agree.
6. And if I find a spare minute after that, Bo is in need of plenty of study cards that take time and free hands to make.
7. I seem to be holding a baby. A lot. ...that's just it. My hands are other wise occupied. And trust, typing one handed gets old. Fast.
8. I could stay up at night and blog... but I value the little sleep I do get.
So if I did have time to blog, I'm sure I'd be telling you:
1. Bo passed his board of review. Now on to more tests. Refer to reason #6.
2. Boo had a great birthday. She had a few friends over. A swim party. I have pictures.
3. WASHINGTON! I am 2 posts away from being done and I'm dying to show them to you, and since I wanted to post the separately but all sequential, they are just begging me to finish. Refer to excuse #1, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8.
4. I would post that Rex is almost 4 months old. ...seeing as how I missed blogging about him turning 2 and 3 months old. He's a chunk. And you're all missing out on seeing him. I have pictures.
5. I would post about the changes in my life. I am no longer the Enrichment Leader - although I've been called to work on the Enrichment committee.
6. I would post about us putting Boo in a gymnastics class that she LOVES. I don't have any pictures... I should probably take some next time we go.
7. I would post about the awesome manicure/pedicure I gave Boo and I today while Rex took a 4 hour nap. I have pictures. Refer to excuse #5.
I'm sure there's more... but as you can see, this post isn't saying that I promise to post. It's just saying how much everyone is missing out on our life. Refer to excuses #1-8. Hopefully someday I'll re-join blogging land. I have missed it. And for people who's blogs I read, also refer to excuses #1-8 on why I haven't been commenting. I try. But. Sometimes. ...okay, most times. It just. Doesn't. Happen.
7 comments:
Wish I could come help, sooner than next week. I remember some similar struggles and don't want to do it over again. You are a brave woman.
XOXOXO
No stress, Kay. You're doing the most important thing right now, for you and your family. Take a nap, play with Boo. Get better! Love you!
Hey, you own the blog; the blog doesn't own you. Post when you can and no need to make excuses.
Hmm, maybe a little self serving since I've been over busy recently and blogging is way down on my to-do list.
I'm sorry you're sick. And I'm sorry the baby is sick. That's just awful. Rest, rest, rest.
Wow there girlie!! You sound like a busy lady. I am so sorry you are sick! I wish you would move to Omaha so that I could help watch your kids while you take a nap! ;) Hope you get better soon...and for you sake I hope Rex gets better soon too!
Hey at least we kinda get the jist of what is going on in your life right? That is better than nothing!!! Oh and I already saw the pedicure so no worries there! haha just kidding! Hope your feeling better!
Lately my blogging sucks too. I hear you on sick kids. JD just got over it. I'm going to try to get a new post up today. Can't wait for your pics. Hug Boo and Rex and tell Bo hi.
Post a Comment