This first on is right after I cut it and the rest are from the next few weeks after being cut.
The other momentous thing that happened at the same time was that we put my dog of 15 years, Minnie, down because she was really sick. It was a really hard thing for me to go through, and for those of you who don't have or haven't had a pet, it's hard to understand the bond you have. I know this sounds crazy, but she was one of my best friends growing up. Bo never really liked her, but by the end he had grown to tolerate and even slightly like her. At the age of 15 she was a pretty grouchy old lady, so she didn't tolerate Boo trying to grab or even touch her. I still miss her, I don't think I will ever have a pet that will replace her. (Also because we can't have dogs because of Boo's allergy) I like the picture where they are both looking the same way, it's cute!
Enough of reminiscing, and onto the finished project. Here is a before and after picture.I didn't really mean for it to end up that short - and it's not really that short, but she kept moving which made it impossible to cut straight. Can you believe how long it was?! The front wasn't as long as the back, so to even it up, it had to go pretty short to make it all even. It's a lot healthier looking and much, MUCH easier to comb through. After it dried I found a couple more places that could use a slight trim but I'm too chicken to try and fix it because I don't want it any shorter. Plus, she's 2! who is really going to notice that her hair is cut slightly crooked. And besides, it's probably not really even cut crooked, I'm just too much of a perfectionist and to me it's just slightly off. But I think it's cute and for the first time in her life it's all the same length. So what do you think?
I found this picture and wanted to add it to my post about sleeping on the floor. She's really just a floor sleeper, is that a bad thing? Last night in fact, she hadn't had a nap that afternoon so at about 8:00 we started our bed time routine which lately she has been fighting tooth and nail, and she asked for some goldfish as a snack before bed - I obliged. She sat in her rocking chair and munch a few and after a few minutes she got off the chair and laid on the ground playing with the cracker she had in her hand. Within 5 minutes she was sound asleep. She didn't even stir when I picked her up to take her to her bed. What a crazy kid! I love her though.




3 comments:
So you'd rather have her look like a ratty hick, than a boy? Although I will agree, the piggies you could fake on a 9 month old looked awfully cute.
But I'm also the type that will cut my new-newborns hair if there are rattails of any kind.
The hair cut turned out really good! That takes a lot of patience. Good job!
Good job on the hair cut! It looks really good. oh and I don't think she ever looked like a boy!!
I think her new haircut looks wunnerful! We really need to get together and hang out soon. May be we can make some plans to come see you or you can see us next time you're in this neck of the woods.
Post a Comment