We had a family day in Tucson yesterday, and had a lot of fun. We decided to surprise Boo and take her to the zoo. I can't keep a secret about a surprise to save my life, so I ended up telling her on our way. So for about 30 minutes of the trip she asked "Are we at the zoo yet? Mom, this way to the zoo. You're going the wrong way!" We first picked up some lunch and headed to the zoo. Boo was very excited to be at the zoo. She just wanted to run to each animal, look for a half a second and then run to the next animal. Much to her dismay, her parents were not so inclined to want to run. Bo did a good job keeping her interest in staying with us by offering shoulder rides.
We saw lots of different animals, but it was funny to see this:
A squirrel running loose on the paths. It made me wonder, did they invite the squirrel there, or is he a pest who just annoys the residents and guests.
I don't know which Boo liked more, the animals or the statues of the animals. She always has to take a ride on the elephant, and play with the squirting frog.
I didn't get a picture of it, but her dad was lucky enough to have a quarter on him, so Boo got to buy some food to feed the ducks. They were just swarming right around here trying to get some.
We found this cute egg shell in one of the bird walk ways, she wasn't sure about climbing in, but finally obliged by letting me take a picture.
Her favorite part was by far the little water park they had there. There were these green buttons that you could push to shoot water from various places. Luckily she stayed pretty dry but got quite a kick out of running around avoiding the shooting water.
While she was playing it was nice to sit in the shade and relax.
All in all we had a really fun time at the zoo. The more times I go to the zoo the more I like it. The walk ways are all pretty much shaded and it only took us 2 hours to walk around the whole zoo. Yesterday was also a very mild weather day, I would say it was almost perfect. I think I may never go in the summer again, fall weather is way too nice.
Afterwards we went to the mall. It was fun to visit a couple stores, it's been a long time since I last just window shopped in a mall. We also made a little time for Boo to play at the kids play ground.
After the mall we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, Bo's favorite. I had forgotten how much I like their food!
Boo got a kick out of the restaurant. The waiters/waitresses did a line dance right next to our table that she just loved. She happened to be holding my camera right then and snapped a couple pictures. Isn't she a great photographer?
5 comments:
Wow she should be a photographer!! Looks like you 3 or should I say 4 had a great time!! In all the time I lived in Tucson I never went to the zoo now I wish I had!!
you look good for being a little pukey! glad to see it. :)
BOOOO!!!! I didn't even get to see you! SO unfair!!! It's okay, I still love you guys.
I'm retarded. I didn't know that had a Texas Roadhouse and for some reason I thought you came to the valley. My Bad!! :)
Post a Comment