I figured I shouldn't wait to post these pictures from Halloween, it could be Christmas before I feel like posting or get around to making time to post. Boo had decided that she wanted to be Cinderella for Halloween. On many occasions she has tried the costume on and told me that it was itchy. I wanted her to be the queen for Halloween, besides, after her being sick earlier this week, the queen costume was warmer. So I schemed a little... I had her put her costume on early in the day and let her wear it around the house. After about 30 minutes, she told me she wanted to take it off because it itched. Success, I won.
But then she wanted to wear something else. So she opted for her fairy costume. Of course this was not warm at all, and I don't have a jumpsuit to put on under it.
So basically she ran around most of the day in just a pull-up (we're having potty training issues.... Grrr...) until it was time to get ready to go. I reminded her that the Cinderella costume was itchy, and she obliged to wear the queen. I think it's just so cute!
I tried to do something different with her hair, something to make it look fancy. I tried to do a french twist, I thought it turned out pretty good. She was even tolerant of me poking her with bobby pins. She was a little annoyed with me this morning though, I didn't take it all out last night before she fell asleep on her floor, and she said to me "Mom, don't ever put these clips in my hair again!" Yes, ma'am!
I decided to be a football player. I dressed up as a football player about 4 years ago for work, and I realized I was a little bit skinnier then. But it still works. This is Bo's old high school football jersey, it even has his name on the back.
We went to our ward party which started with a chili cook off, and then a truck-or-treat. Boo was less than patient during dinner, she was ready to get her trick-or-treating on. So to bade her time, she took pictures with my camera.
After a loop around the cars, she consented to sit in the car and hand out candy with daddy. Can you guess what Bo is dressed as?...
Here is Boo and Olivia, the Queen and Tinkerbell.
Jordan and I, she's from the 50's, you just can't see all of our costumes. It was hard to aim the camera in the dark.
After trunk-or-treating, we went home and turned on our outside light, we had a little bit of candy left that we didn't want to keep. Boo had a grand 'ol time handing out candy. She stood waiting at the door for someone to walk up the drive way then would jump up and down screaming that "someone is coming, kids are coming!!!".
It was amusing. When the trick-or-treaters slowed down we decided that since we still had candy that the next people who came, we would just dump the rest on them and then be done. It worked out. All in all it was a good Halloween.
I commented to Bo that Halloween is much more fun when you have a child to enjoy it, this is the first year we have liked it since we got married.
6 comments:
I think bo is dressed as a bum.
your mom dresses like a bum.
i agree - the queens costume is the cutest.
glad she's feeling better.
She is so stinkin' adorable!!! Man I love that girl! Glad to hear you all had a good time! Miss you tons!
Oh P.S. what r u doing monday? Maybe I could come visit?
I agree -the queen costume is adorable! Good job on the hair, too. She's so cute.
Whose mom dresses like a bum, the one that goes to VermTec? or the one in the home?(for people who dress like bums and spew vitriol)
PS what r u doing next monday? Maybe we could come visit. Is the room rented out already?
The queen costume has always been my favorite...good choice, although it would have been pretty dang funny if she went as the naked fairy :o) Nice pic of us...I think mine of us is better though (ha ha) My father-inlaw is a nut!!
Post a Comment