Monday, December 24, 2007

Travel Log

So as I mentioned in a previous post I have been gone from home for a week. I got home on Saturday and have finally found time to download pictures and blog. I missed blogging... So now that I'm home I can tell you all about my trip. I didn't really want this post to be a travel log but we did so many things that that's what it's turning out to be, so sorry...

I left last Saturday to go up to north to visit family and friends for our Christmas trip. Bo has been on call this whole last week so he wasn't able to go with us. I did have company on our trip there; we picked Lydia up on our way through Tucson. It was a long but enjoyable trip; we made some stops in the valley that extended our trip longer than I had planned. We got to Holbrook late that night, but just in time to see Grandpa and Grandma Simper before they went to bed. We went to church the next day and saw a lot of friends there. It's always nice to go to church in my old ward; you get a lot of visiting and catching up with people all in one shot. Monday was a lot more visiting and Boo showing off for people. She was very sad to leave most of the people we saw, if it was her choice we would have probably been gone for weeks just "playing". That's what she told me every time we went to leave anywhere, "I'm playing!" I was delivering caramels the whole trip, it gave me a good reason to see more people, it also complicated things and made me kind of run around like a crazy person trying to see everyone.

Tuesday I went to Show Low with my mom and Boo got to see snow. I don't think it was her first encounter with it, but probably the first time she was interested in playing with it. My mom was trying to teach her how to throw snow balls, a skill that will serve her well in her future.

That night we had our Lee Christmas party. Mostly it was our chance to exchange gifts each other. Boo got to open one while we were there, her cousins gave her a little set of Dora toys. She was thrilled about it and talked about them the rest of the night. She really had a good time playing with her little cousins, they just loved chasing her around and entertaining her.

Wednesday I headed back to the valley to visit friends and family there. While I packed the car Boo got to play in the back of Grandpa Simper's truck. I think she might've been bird watching or something, all I know is she was just too cute in her hat.

The trip there was mostly uneventful, she was entertained by the Care Bears the whole way. She finally fell asleep 20 minutes from the valley, so much for good nap in the car.

Wednesday night I went to dinner with Jenny and her family, Boo was just too happy to have someone her size to reek havoc with. Needless to say, we went to a very nice restaurant that our little ones didn't very well appreciate. Boo was also disappointed because it was a steak house and she wanted pizza. Her amusement in the mounted longhorn cow head on the wall almost made up for her disappointment in the food selection.


On Thursday it was back to visiting and delivering caramels, I got to see Bo's cousin Crystal and her kids. Boo really just got a good dose of kids to play with this week. I also walked away from Crystal's house with a big bag of oranges from her backyard. They are very good! I spent much of the rest of day with Mallory and we did a lot of fun things, we were also joined by Allison for lunch.

We went to the mall and Boo was just so excited when she saw the carousel there. We couldn't leave without riding it. I know, I give in too much to her wants, but it was something to take pictures of that she really enjoyed. And hey, for only a dollar I got to ride for free. Allison tried to take some pictures but the carousel was going pretty fast. Boo was excited to pick the horse she wanted to ride, but once the ride started she didn't move a muscle. I couldn't tell if she was scared, amused or just holding on for dear life. I was surprised at how fast it went, I was almost to the point of being sick when it finally came to a stop.

When we went to drop Mallory off at her apartment Boo took advantage of playing with their Spiderman Mr. Potato head. She got tired of putting the piece in Mr. Potato head that she started trying to make additions to her own head... And yes, a couple of pieces made their way into her nose. Sorry Mallory...

We got home to Jenny's house around Boo's bed time that night and she was very ready for bed. That was a common theme the last week; because of all the visiting, she rarely got a nap.

On Friday Stephanie was gracious enough to watch Boo in the morning while I got a couple errands run with Allison. Boo had been dying to play with Bedelia so it really worked out great. This is the first time they have really been old enough to play together and Stephanie said they did great! When it came time to leave I was trying to get the girls to hug and say goodbye, Bedelia was trying and Boo was uninterested. When I told Boo to give her a kiss she then proceed to attack Bedelia over and over with her kisses.


That evening I got to go to dinner with Nichelle and had a great time talking to her, I always do! Boo was more than entertaining at dinner, she flirted with the people at the table next to us. We ate at Uno's Chicago Bar & Grill where Allison is the manager so we got to see her again, besides the fact that they have great food. We went home and just hung out after dinner, it was good to spend some time with their family. Boo really enjoyed playing with Kristen and Rhiannon, she even liked playing with Zack who liked flirting with her as well. While we were at the Yazzie's house Boo discovered this treasure in Zack's room which we were staying in. I believe it's one of the mummy's from the movie The Mummy; she latched right on to it and carried it around for hours; I don't know who started calling it "The guy", but it stuck. She had a hard time parting from "The guy"; she had a moment of distraction that we took the opportunity to hide "Mr. Guy" and she thankfully forgot about him. Zack was starting to worry that he would have to part with his monster.


After a very full week we decided to come home Saturday, we picked up Chinese food on our way out of town from Bo's favorite place in Mesa. It took a little longer than expected to get home due to some traffic problems on the I-10 but we made it home safely. Bo was very sad to have us gone for a week, but he sure worked his tail off while we were gone. He cleaned the carport, cleaned the kitchen, mopped and swept, vacuumed, raked the leaves in the front and backyard, fixed our shower, spray painted my bedside table, did dishes, cleaned all the rooms, did laundry and folded it, all along with going to work everyday. It was so nice to come home to a clean house, unfortunately we dirtied up as soon as we walked in the door with all the stuff from the car. Boo helped a little in the dirtying process because she was so happy to be home with her toys that she dragged them all out. Sorry Bo!! It's just nice to be home but the relaxation didn't last long, Boo and I are leaving again tomorrow to head back to the valley for our Christmas party with the Simper family. We won't be gone quite as long this time, but it's hard to pack up and leave again especially because Bo can't come. We are so blessed to have Bo in our family, he takes care of us and lets us gallivant around the state while he stays home and works. I truly have the best husband there is. So, tomorrow it's another trip in the car; thank heavens for the portable DVD player!

Here are a couple pictures of Boo in her new dress that Grandma & Grandpa Simper bought her for Christmas. She wore it to church on Sunday, isn't she SO cute?!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wild and crazy week! What do you have against boring and dull staying at home?
Glad you were in NEAZ for a little while. We had a good time with Boo for entertainment.

Anonymous said...

She is seriously the cutest little thing ever!