I don't know why I decided to do this with Boo's pregnancy, but I didn't cut my hair during the whole pregnancy, I guess just to see just how long I could grow it. So when I got pregnant with Rex I decided I'd do it again but document just how long it grew. I first posted about it here, but here are the comparison pictures again. This picture was taken last June, a year ago. (I know I'm not pregnant here, but it was my shortest hair cut that I'd had in a long time.)
Here are the two pictures, me at 12 weeks, and me today-2 weeks postpartum.
Pretty long, eh? I measured the little diamond on my overalls and from my estimations I think my hair grew about 5 1/2 inches in 7 months. Wow. And if you measure it against the short hair picture which is exactly a year ago, it looks like it's grown almost a foot in a year. I wonder what the average growth rate is... Google says the average is 1/2 inch per month... interesting...
I also don't dye my hair while I'm pregnant, not really for any reason, but I did have a girl at my last job tell me that if you dye your hair while you're pregnant your child will come out with that color hair. I don't know if I believe her, but ya never know! I actually hadn't dyed it for quite some time before getting pregnant, I think the last time was before I moved last, almost 2 years ago. So I figure it's time to shake things up. So what should I do with my hair? Leave it long? Cut it? Dye it? Dye it and cut it? Here's a view of a couple of different hairstyles I've had, but I'm open to suggestions!
Me Now, Long & Natural color:
Me short, natural color color:
Me Red & medium length layered: (Bo is voting for red, it's been his favorite. He doesn't care about length, but I'd probably keep it long)
This is a lighter red/brown:
Me with blonde in it: (Just highlights, I don't think I'd ever go totally blonde...)
And this is the last color I dyed it, it was like an auburn color but turned dark brown after a couple weeks:
I was tempted to do a dark color this time around, like the darkest brown, where it looks almost black, but I don't know. I don't mind the red color, it's just a lot of up keep but not as much as blonde. The blonde is way too much up keep, but I'd do them again. As for the cut, I'm looking for suggestions, but I may not cut it... I'm kind of enjoying the length, but with being a new mom, I may be tired of it by tomorrow. So, who knows! Hopefully, you do...

5 comments:
I think you should be a little adventurous and do something you've never done before. I cut mine to about the middle of my neck a few weeks ago. I'm still learning how to do it, but it's been fun. Hope your boy is good. Hug Meghan and tell Bo hi.
I think you should do the short hair cut and dye it red. I have always loved you with red hair!!
I love the way it looked short. I have no suggestions for the color. If you should cut your hair, donate it to locks of love please.
I agree with Allison. Short and red.
As I was reading your other comments I thought it was funny because I too liked the short style...I think pic number 2 and then I loved the color in the last picture. If you don't cut it then I think the last picture is the way to go!! :o)
Post a Comment