Monday, June 2, 2008

Haircut & Dinner

The rule in my house growing up was that as girls, we didn't get our ears pierced before we were 8. I'm not sure the reason, but that was just how it was. I had kind of crazy, sorta curly, just out of control hair as a kid so it was always a trial to get it done. Me, being a sorta tom-boy, didn't really care to do it, and my mom didn't like fighting with me to get it done. By the time I turned 7, my mom was a little tired of it and wanted to cut it. Me being smart, said to myself "Self, you won't look good with short hair". So she had to make a bargain with me. She would let me pierce my ears a year early, if I let her cut my hair. I had been begging to get them pierced, so I consented, but I'm not so sure that I sign up being fully informed. She let my sister cut it! Who does that! (I love you Jenny) My hair was cut, I got my ears pierced - which later closed in and I had to get them re-pierced, and I hated my hair. Things just didn't really work out in my favor.
Cute, huh?...right... That being said, I have never cut my hair short since. I'm a pony tail kind of girl. I grew out my hair when I was pregnant with Boo, and promptly cut it after I had her because there is a point where it's just too long. I have recently gotten to that point again. I actually think this was longer than it was post-pregnancy. The last time it was this long was probably back in 8th grade.
I have had varying lengths since then but not quite this long. So I decided it was high time for a hair cut. And I thought I'd be daring, and try going kind of short. So here is the before picture, it's longer when it's straight but I had had it up all day before the cut.

Pretty long... I miss it... Here are some shots during my cut.
Here is the pile of hair. I figure I cut about 7 or 8 inches off. That's a lot!

And here's the finished cut. I like it, but I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it. I can fit most of it in a small, pathetic pony tail, but other than that... it's just there. Any hairstyle ideas? Tips?
After my cut, which I got done in the valley by my friend Kim (thanks Kim, I really do like it... just not sure what to do with it, if only you and Mal were here to show me everyday!☺), I was headed back home. So before the journey, I stopped and saw Allison at work. It's better to travel on a full belly. Boo was having a good ol' time chatting with the waitress and Ally.

7 comments:

Kim & Max Willis family said...

i love your hair in those pics!! you do a great job at styling your hair!! oh and i look horrible in those pics!! thanks! ha ha!
try the cute little piggy tails, or all curled under with a side part!! you will look "fab" no matter what you do!!!

Jordan said...

I LOVE IT!! I works well with you! :o)

John and Laura said...

Cute! I love it. I want to see a real picture of you and the haircut, not just the back of your head. I'm not the one to ask for hair advice, though. Good luck!

I remember that haircut you got. Sorry it was so traumatic for you, I think it was cute anyway!

Anonymous said...

I love that photo of you, the top photo! You were cute then and you are cute now and yes, I would like to see the finished doo.

That's not as in doo doo, just plain doo which is entirely respectable to say, unlike some list words which seep out when some persons of ill-list-repute go flagrant and brazen.

How did the man like it? Your hair, not your flagrant and brazen-ness.
XOXOXO from SEWA

Carrie said...

It's fun and sassy Kay! Just like you! :)

Jenny said...

Okay, I'm here to defend myself. Your hair was great for that haircut. Okay, I couldn't get it even so I kept cutting it shorter, but hey; hair grows longer and memories grow shorter, so do something with that, will you?

Also, I wanted to give you props on your new hair. It's very chic! I love it. I like the messy, flip it out thing. Oh and one more thing, I'm with Laura, I want to see the front of your head (face). :)

Rafaelle said...

Okay, love that your getting braver with your hair! Can't wait to see a picture of the front! Oh and by the way... RUDE that Allison got to see you and I didn't! I'm jealous! J/K! Hey, Mallory blocked me from her blog and I can't view it anymore... how can I contact her?