Sunday, August 16, 2009

Just Roll With the Punches

So there was a fight at church today.

I'm not sure it was a fair fight though.

I'll let you decide.

Let me recap.

The first contender, standing only 3' 5" tall weighing-in at 45 lbs, Boo:
Her opponent, made of solid wood, measuring 6' long and weighing... well let just say a lot, the church pew:
Here's how the fight went down.

First there was some name calling, Boo had the upper hand in that round, the pew - well let's call him "Holy Oak" - wasn't as quick witted and vocal as his opponent.

Second round was a little more physical. "Holy Oak" threw the first punch, but Boo wasn't phased by the attack.

The third round is where it ended. One quick move and a slip of the hand and Boo took a hit to the face. With a loud crack, her face meeting the edge of the pew, it was all over.

Then the screams began.
With one black eye later; "Holy Oak" won this round. But Boo will be back with a vengeance next time with hopefully better balance.

**She was messing around during church, lost her grip on the bench in front of us and smacked her face into the pew. We happened to be sitting with Jake and Sally, and both Jake and Bo were laughing, with her screaming and all. Sally and I were less than impressed. Boys!

3 comments:

Grandma in NEAZ said...

Poor little kid. She will probably have an impressive shiner from that. And some were getting a large piece of amusement out of it. And in church! Tsk, tsk!
Poor little kid.

Katy said...

Awwww Poor Boo!!!! And to think her Daddy was Laughing!!! Shame shame I know your name!!! Though knowing Boo I'm sure she was fine in no time! She's a tough little cookie!!! Give her hugs and kisses for me!

Jenny said...

You should commentate for a living! I was highly entertained.