We had a really good reunion this year. It was nice to have all of us there together. Some things in our family are changing and it seems that it's becoming harder to get together.
Here's the latest family picture.
The 6 siblings.
All the grandkids.
Too bad I didn't get one of just our family together, but Nichelle took some awesome black & white pictures.
I liked this one of my sisters in black & white, it's so... candid?...
For the most part Boo was uncooperative during pictures, but my dad get one smile out of her.
While camping there was an array of wildlife found. First, a lake full of crawdads. Here's one of the many buckets of catches.
Boo enjoyed picking them up.
They used hot dogs to fish them.
They caught a lizard.
And a water snake. I think the water snake was Boo's favorite. Since coming home she's continued talking about it.
My favorite part of the week/weekend was the other hands around willing to hold Rex. He got passed around quite a bit. Zack was always happy to talk Rex off your hands, it was cute!
Rex took a ride in the new swing, he was just a bit too little, maybe next year he'll enjoy it quite a bit more.
Boo spent the majority of her time in the sandbox. I think we now need a sandbox!
Before Bo left on Sunday to go home, he let me take his truck and take Nichelle and Zack to Harris cave. The cave hadn't changed too much considering I hadn't been there in a few years.
Zack was the first to go in, but after his first trip Nichelle got brave enough to go in with him. Here's the triumphant two upon their return.
Zack found a torn up pair of pants and some shoes down in the cave so he brought them out. He had the bright idea of putting the pants and shoes on and going back to camp to tell everyone that he'd been attacked by a bear. I had to assist him in trying to put the pants on.
The last day (Monday) we were there, Zack helped my dad finish the driveway. The kids helped as well.
Grandpa & Boo workin' together.
The finished product.
Typical Homestead face.
And then it was time to go home. On the way, I passed the Gila Valley Temple site. Although this was a couple weeks ago, they are making lots of progress.
So there's a little bit of everything that transpired during our reunion. Lastly, Zack and Chelle had a good time helping Rex do a little dance. It's funny. Ignore the voices in the background, especially mine, I didn't know they were filming.

6 comments:
Those are some fun pictures Kay Ellen! Nichelle is a great photographer! The video at the end it hilarious! Zack is a crazy kid! All in all I'd say you have a pretty fun family! :)
Ew! He put the pants on? Haha!
I love the picture of Grandpa and Rex asleep. What a big, good family!
The sister's pic is my fav. You looked pissed. I look like bucky beaver and Laura looks like she's trying to ignore us both. ;)
The video is so cute. Zack does need to be in the choir. He has a great voice but that's not his "crowd". Too bad. Zack will watch Rex anytime you want I'm sure. He still thinks he needs a baby brother. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
What a fun dance, but Rex didn't look impressed at any time. What a wet blanket, or maybe a poopy blanket. What a great entertainer Zack is, especially the dead man's pants.
Zack was definitely one of the big highlights of our reunion. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time!
i am so BEAST!!
~Zack~
Post a Comment