I bought some fortune cookies at the store the other day for fun. Boo was getting lots of enjoyment out of them aside from actually eating them. She liked to hand me her fortune for me to read. Yesterday she finished off the last two:
Boo: *handing me her fortune* Mom, what does this say?
Me: "You will live a long and prosperous life"
Boo: Oh. *with disappointment in her voice*
Me: What's wrong?
Boo: Well, I just thought it was going to say "Jesus loves me".
Me: Oh! That would be a nice fortune. Jesus does love you.
Boo: Yeah, he really does.
*A couple minutes later, she hands me the fortune from her last cookie.
Boo: What does this one say?
Me: "Your evening will be filled with lots of happy company"..*pause*.. "And Jesus love you" :)
Boo: Yeah, that's a nice one.
Boo should get a job writing fortunes when she grows up. She'd write really good ones! None of this "You've got money in your future" crap. I can see them now... "Jesus loves you", "Jesus wants YOU for a sunbeam" with a big picture of Jesus pointing at you. We could make millions!

5 comments:
That is too funny!! Why wait, start makin those cookies now!!! :) haha
Another one could be "Tyson and Angie love you Boo"! She is so stinkin' cute! I love the words that come out of her mouth!
Hehehe! That's great Boo!
Boo is so cute. I can't wait until Luke finally starts to talk so I cn post the cute things he says.
How cute is that? I love it! Mitch & I just started a little book of cute things that Tyson says that we don't want to forget. Sometimes they say things & you think you'll remember it for always & then you forget like a week later. These moments in time with our kids are fleeting & go by so fast. That's such a cute story.
Post a Comment