I try not to brag about myself much but I've been wanting to for a while now. And I know my brother Evan will just crush my happiness, but that's okay, he really is better than me. If you've seen me recently I have been carrying around a Rubik's cube, if it's not in my hands I usually have it stuck in my back pocket. My sister Laura came to visit over the summer and her husband John bought her a Rubik's cube for the long trip (don't worry, my mom drove, so she wasn't actually driving and cubing at the same time). Laura and I put our heads together to figure out how to do it (don't think we are like genius' or something, it comes with directions). We spent a lot of time figuring it out, luckily our kids entertained themselves. After about a week of flipping it, turning it and yelling at it; we did it. I was out of luck after she went home since it was hers to take with her, so the next time I was at the store I bought one for myself. Bo thinks I'm crazy most days, but I really do carry it everywhere with me. I think it's a stress relief for me but I really just like doing it. I also like to see peoples reactions when they ask if I can do it and I tell them I can. Most people actually say that they have never seen anyone solve it. I've been wanting to post my record time for a while now, but I haven't had a watch to time myself. The last time I timed myself was a couple months ago and I was frazzled by trying to get a good time. I timed myself at 3 minutes 38 seconds. That's pretty good, right? This morning Bo left his watch home by accident, so I took advantage of his forgetfulness. After fiddling with it for a couple minutes just to figure out how to work the stopwatch, I timed myself again. 2 minutes 15 seconds! Am I amazing or what?! Like I said before, I'm sure my brother has a better time, he always does... I guess I still have a lot of work since I can't do it one-handed, blindfolded or in 20 seconds or less; I'll keep working. I just feel accomplished because I can do the Rubik's cube. Can you?

2 comments:
Wow!! Good job! I haven't spent much time with it lately and still can't do the top layer without help. I'm super impressed!
Laura
yay freakin llama!! i can do it!! i can do it!!! :) it is such a cool thing to be able to say..."hey i can do a rubix cube!" lol...i made my mom buy me a new one last weekend when i was up there and i accidently left it!! gaww! oh well...but that is a pretty impressive time, i think my best was like 2 1/2 minutes or something like that, but i know it wasnt that good! so Kudos to you! haha
Post a Comment