On a sad note today, Bo and I have decided that we won't be going to the valley for Thanksgiving. We were hoping to make our way to the valley and then later up north to see friends and family. Unfortunately we won't be going...
After not feeling good on Sunday, yesterday I expected to feel better or at least a little bit better but I didn't. If you know me well at all, you would know how much I hate going to the doctor, but when the pain gets bad enough I usually cave and agree to go. Yesterday the pain in my back and stomach got really bad in the late afternoon after the doctors offices closed... of course, that's my just luck. We went to the Emergency Room and two hours later had a diagnosis, I have a severe kidney infection. After starting some antibiotics I'm feeling a lot better today, not great but better than yesterday. The doctor told me last night that I would feel pretty crummy for the next couple of days and then I should start feeling back to normal.
I don't know if anyone out there has had a kidney infection before, but they hurt really bad. When I was in labor with Boo, I had back labor meaning all the pain was in my back. The pain I felt yesterday was very similar to labor, it reminded me why I haven't had another baby yet. I haven't talked myself into the pain again...
Bo took really good care of me in my hours of pain. I have such a great husband! Boo did exceptionally well at the ER, she was the hit of the night. Everyone thought she was so cute, she even got some stickers from one of the nurses, and she wasn't even the patient. All I got was poked and prodded, then given some pills to take. Doesn't seem fair, does it?

2 comments:
That totally stinks! I have had the beginnings of a kidney infection before, but was treated for bladder infection with sulfur something or other. The medicine made me feel worse, so beware if they gave you something with sulfur in it! Get some rest, and enjoy your down time.
So now you know what a kidney stone feels like. My longest bout of continuous pain was 14 hours. Recently the pain usually lasts less than 2 hours, if I get enough water in me. Hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment