Thursday, November 15, 2007

Recipes Anyone?

Does anyone out there have a REALLY good Banana Nut Bread Recipe? I have tried a dozen or so that I have gotten off the Internet and found them all less than "a-peeling"(Man, I crack myself up!). It could be that I am I very picky Banana Nut Bread person. I mean, is it too much to ask for a recipe that makes the bread very moist and tasty as can be? I've got some bananas in desperate need of a good bread home, any help would be great!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo ooo! i know! i know! pick me! pick me!!! haha...im guessing your gonna need uhh...flour....yeast....those nasty bananas....possibly some nuts? haha and an oven? ok so im not the best cook ever but hey im just tryin to help!

Anonymous said...

Here's our favorite Banana Bread recipe (it has chocolate chips). It makes a lot though, 4 loaves. And, I leave out the nuts because my kids won't eat them. But if you like nuts, you'd probably add about 1 1/2 c. of chopped nuts to this recipe. Our Home Teachers love it and some of the teachers at Darrel's school have asked for the recipe.

MOIST BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD

•1/4 c. sugar
•1 tsp. cinnamon
•3/4 c. butter
•3 c. sugar
•3 eggs
•6 medium, very ripe, bananas
•1/2 tsp. salt
•4 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
•1 TB. Baking soda
•16 oz. sour cream
•2 tsp. vanilla
•2 c. chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 300ยบ. Grease four 7x3-inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 c. sugar and cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Add salt, baking soda, and flour to above mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide into prepared pans. Bake 50-60 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Kyra's recipe sounds yummy! My recipes are at home and I am not, but hers sound better than mine.
Displaced NE AZ'ers in WA

Crystal said...

Yum, that sounds good. I think I will try it! Thanks!

Stephanie said...

I'll email you my favorite banana bread recipe tomorrow morning. It's America's test kitchen's and its TO DIE FOR! It has a version with nuts and one with shredded chocolate (I'm lazy and just put in whole chips) I'm telling you, I've tried a dozen recipes too, and America's Test Kitchen really knows what they are talking about! Tomorrow... :)