Thursday, December 6, 2007

Dontcha' Wish Your Husband Was Hot Like Mine?

I have the most amazing husband. He goes to work everyday so that I can stay home with Boo, he cooks, he cleans, he sings amazingly, he's just all around the best husband ever! Today he is greatest because of his cooking ability. He has been slaving over a hot stove making caramels for me, well for us to give away for Christmas. If you know Bo, you know that he makes the best home-made caramels. We started 2 days ago on our journey to make 5 batches of caramels for Christmas, that breaks down to about 5 hours cooking time and even more time wrapping them. We figure that one batch makes around 125 caramels. So after all is said and done we will have wrapped over 600 caramels! Trust me, it gets old really fast.

I really had to do some convincing this year to even get Bo to make caramels. When he was in high school, making caramels was something that he and his mom would do. They made them for the holidays and special events. Bo even did it for a project for seminary where he they were given money as their "talents" and he made caramels and sold them to increase his "talent" and made more money than everyone by 10 times over. Since we got married and moved to the valley, his caramel reputation didn't really follow. He made them for his work in the valley and no one really even ate them, I took them to work with only a few people liking them, we gave them for Christmas a couple of years and to the new people we gave them, they didn't compliment Bo the way he was previously used to. So after a couple of disappointing years of not being praised for his talent, he was less than motivated to make them this year.

So really this is me telling all of you, after my hard work of persuasion we have over 600 caramels to give away, are you one of his fans who wants some? This is your chance to RSVP on an order. He's even willing to mail them...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Bo was such a caramel diva. Having said that, i would give my left arm to get some of Bo's caramels. It's like little drops of heaven with nuts.

John and Laura said...

Heck yeah! I've had his caramels--They rock! I'll pay you for postage... :)

La

Crystal said...

Diddo on the postage. I love them! Bo must put and addictive chemical in them to make me crave them fortnightly. Ummmm caramels....

Mallory said...

I LOVE those things! i ate them all the time when you would bring them to work! bring lots with you when you come an visit! Plus i don't think jonny had tried them yet, and he will love them!! :) cant wait to see you!!!

LuAnne said...

we'll take some anytime! bo's carmels are the best!!!

Anonymous said...

Zane and I still talk about Bo's caramels from when I had them...10 12 years ago! Yea for Bo!

Anonymous said...

I want some!!!!
Mindi
ps i love you