Friday, December 14, 2007
Pajama Dilema
For a week or two now, Boo has been waking up earlier than normal which tends to be earlier than I would like her to. She must be a light sleeper in the morning because she usually wakes when Bo is getting ready/leaving for work. He usually gets moving just after 6:00 and leaves the house by quarter to 7:00. Some of you may think that this is a normal time for a little one to be up, but not my daughter. Up until now she has slept in any where from 8:00 to 10:30. So, needless to say I'm trying to adjust to a different schedule. Sometimes I don't hear her, or I'm just too tired to get moving so she may sit in her crib and talk or sing to herself for 10 or 15 minutes until I can get the motivation to wake up and get her out of bed. I tell you all of this because of what happened last night. For the last 3 mornings in a row, everytime I went in to get her out of bed she is pajama-less. For those of you who live out of state, you must be thinking "It's Arizona, how cold can it possibly be there". Well, believe it or not, it's pretty cold. Because of that we have been putting her to bed in a blanket sleeper with a onesie underneath just to make sure she stays warm enough. As you know sleepers come fully intact with a zipper that she has now figured out how to undo. As a concerned parent I worry that her need to undress herself in the morning leaves her too cold; I just don't want her to get sick. So every morning that I have found her in nothing but her diaper and onesie I try to explain to her that she needs to keep her pj's on to stay warm; I don't think she believes me yet. Back to last night, I went in to tuck her in only to find that she had once again undressed herself. Not only had she undressed herself but she had been thoughtful in her action. I searched her bed for her sleeper and it wasn't there; come to find she had put it in her dirty clothes basket. With her being half asleep, we changed her wet diaper, put her sleeper back on and returned her to her bed. We went to bed chuckling about it. And what do you think happened this morning? Did you say "She was undressed?" Ding, ding, ding, ding! You're right... So, is it okay to duct tape your child's pj's on??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow your daughter is so considerate putting her pj's in the dirty clothes! Ha ha. You don't need to duck tape them on her, as funny as that would be to see. Just get a safety pin and pin it across the zipper just under the top of it so that she can not unzip them. My think it was my parents that used to do that to one of my brothers when they were little so they couldn't take off their pj's. :)
Aiden has been doing the same thing! He's done it for about 3 weeks now, so heres what I came up with... I put the pj's with the zipper on him, and then I safety pinned the zipper to the pjs. Tonight is the first night I am trying it, so we'll see how it works. That's funny that she's doing the same thing!!
Post a Comment