After getting back from California, Monday was a holiday so Bo was home from work. We have had 2 big piles of leaves in our backyard that have needed to be cleaned up and some other assorted yard work in need of some attention so we decided to tackle it. We started out with our hedge in the front yard. (This is a picture after we finished)
It’s a killer bush, not only is it prickly but it causes blood-blisters if not treated nicely. Bo was in charge of cutting all of the dead growth out and I was in charge of “shaping” the bush. Mostly I just wanted to flatten out the edge but the driveway so I will stop hitting it when I come and go in the car. I think the bush was okay with me trimming it up a little, but when I tried to take some off the top it got angry at me and got back at me.
Actually I was cutting with some pruning sheers and because I was precariously perched on a stepladder, the palm of my hand got in the way of the sheers. It pinched me something fierce! Since this was the first task we started I have to work for the next couple hours with a wounded hand. The two piles of leaves in the backyard weren’t friendly to my gimpy hand. But after some hard work, we finished and were exhausted to say the least. We like gardening, and the exhaustion that comes from it isn’t tiring, it’s satisfying and therapeutic. Since we are just renting, there is only so much we can do, but hopefully we will get into a house of our own soon and start on keeping up a yard and garden.
Boo enjoyed the experience as well, she wasn't much help but enjoyed being outside and running around. She tried to help by picking up the cut pieces of the hedge and putting them in the truck but soon lost interest. She enjoyed the game of getting in and out of daddy's truck, climbing the stepladder, and raking in the dirt. Sorry no pictures of the little helper.
No comments:
Post a Comment