I’ve been MIA for a while in the blogging world, and I assure you that I have good reason. Well, I really should say reasons… After Christmas we have just been busy, busy. And just recently we’ve discovered that our computer may have a problem or two so it’s just frustrating to try and work with a very slow computer. I’m braving it today just to get some news out to everyone. So that’s the reason for the long post. Just think of it as a bunch of small ones and it might be easier to get through!
After Boo and I went to the valley for our family Christmas party, my parents came to visit on their ‘round-about way home. Boo was more than excited to have them here; I think she wore my
mom out pulling her around.

My parents brought with them, this fun marble game. Growing up my family had a marble game… I’m not sure where it came from, my dad probably made it, correct me if I’m wrong. Anyways, it was SO loud that we weren’t allowed to play with it in the family room because you couldn’t hear the TV over the noise. One of the other problems that the game had aside from the noise was that the marbles sometimes jumped off the game. My dad has recently made a new board trying to engineer it to keep the marbles on by tilting it back on the feet.

After he made that one he made this new one that it so much quieter and unless you have a 2-year old knocking the marbles off, it usually keeps the marbles on the game really well. My parents took it to our Christmas party in the valley and it was a hit, at times the kids were fighting over it trying to show each other how to do it. They then brought it to our house to let Boo play with it for a while. It’s even fun to play with as an adult, there’s something therapeutic and even addictive about it. What a fun toy to have at the Grandparents house!
Evan, I'll include the video I took when my computer is working properly.
My parents also brought our computer chair down to us. We were just going to leave it there for them, but they decided to get a new one and give ours back. Boo has enjoyed having it at the house. Any time I get up out of it she races over to steal my seat. She does this in any chair I sit in, and energetically tells me that she stole my seat. Its pretty funny when she does it in the computer chair because it usually sends her spinning around to where she can no longer see the TV.


I would blog about New Years but we were pretty boring for New Years. We just stayed in and watched a movie. We rented Ratatouille; Bo and I thought it was very cute, Boo on the other hand wasn’t very interested. Bo and I stayed up until midnight watching the New Year’s shows on TV. Boring, I know. I guess the only exciting things I could report is that I got a 4x4 rubix cube for Christmas and I finally figured it out on New Years. It’s a sick obsession, I know.

The next thing I was planning on blogging about was that Boo got her first “Owie”. We must be pretty safe parents because we have never really had a need for band-aids for Boo. But the other day she was playing with an envelope with one of those metal clasps on it and she somehow cut her finger on it. She didn’t even notice, and I wouldn’t have noticed except that she proceeded to wipe blood on the envelope. She took it like a champ, we cleaned it up and put a Dora/Diego band-aid on it. She was almost just confused at why we had wrapped her finger in this “thing”. And as most kids probably do, she talked about it for the next hour or two. That’s about as long as the band-aid lasted. She finally managed to pry the band-aid off and promptly forgot about the small cut below.


The next thing I would’ve blogged about is our trip to the valley this past weekend. A mission companion of Bo’s flew into the valley for his brother’s wedding so we made the trip up to see him and his wife.

On Friday we got to attend a temple session with them (Tyson & Angela) before their wedding and it was very nice.
Boo got to go spend some time with her cousins while
Crystal watched her; thanks again Crystal and the oranges are amazing! After the session we picked up Boo and took her back to the temple to wait for Tyson and Angela to get out of the wedding.

Boo was so disappointed when I told her she couldn’t go swimming in the reflection pool. She tried a half-dozen times to get in. I think she took her shoes off about 5 times in preparation to get in the pool, she cried every time I put them back on.
We went to dinner with Tyson and his family that night and Boo was again, very entertaining.



We hung out with Tyson and Angela again the next day, after lunch together Tyson wanted to go to Deseret Book. This sounds so boring but there really is a point to the story. While we were there Bo found a book on the clearance rack that we just couldn’t pass up.

Recognize that? Well, you should if you are from Holbrook! When has Holbrook ever been on the cover of a book?! It was a really fun book to look at especially with Tyson and Angela, they pointed out all the things they had seen from Utah to Nebraska to Wisconsin and we pointed out all the Arizona things. Here are a few of the Arizona pages:


We were a little surprised that the Jack Rabbit wasn’t in there but I guess you can’t include everything. “The Thing” is located just 20 miles from Willcox; it’s a big advertised attraction here. And as the book states, it's doesn't really live up to the advertised hype.

Boo calls the book "the Dinosaur book"; it will make a good coffee table book for conversation.
Saturday night we played cards with the
Yazzie's. We had a blast! We played the game Pass; Bo was in cohorts with Zack the whole game while Jenny and I teamed up. Rhiannon preferred to be the lone-ranger on her team.


Kristen tried to join the excitement by playing Candy Land in the midst of the ruckus. She was a little annoyed that Boo didn’t understand the rules of the game and got very upset when Boo tried to win by moving her piece to the end.


After putting Boo to bed Kristen brought some Monkey game to the table that just encouraged more silliness. The concept of the game was to launch monkeys on to a tree with a catapult. You can imagine Bo and Zack hurling the monkeys in the air as high as possible only to land in the middle of our card game.

Nichelle joined us for a while but went to bed early due to not feeling good.

I think I won the card game but we stopped keeping score after a while. We tried to get Brian to play but I guess he was too mature to join our madness.
We came home on Sunday and were relieved to be home. We were greeted into Willcox with this dust storm. It was blowing in the distance, but never seemed to make it into town. It almost looks like fog, but it's really just dust.

Boo was very good on the drive but the Care Bears gave her a reason to be such.

Boo hasn't been feeling good this morning, so she decided that she was sleepy and wanted to go down for a nap 3 hours early. I thought I could distract her from the idea, but she was set on it. So I took her in, changed her diaper, put new PJ's on and put her in her bed. I then took the opportunity to try and finish blogging. She was in there about 30 minutes when I went to check on her. This is what I found:

She was stark naked! She had undressed her self and taken off her diaper; she was just sitting happy playing with her stuffed animals. Her Pj's were in the dirty clothes and he diaper was tossed in the trash. Isn't she just so thoughtful?
Well thanks for coming along on our journey through the holidays, hopefully I can get to the valley again soon to see if my computer genius brothers can fix our computer so I can get back to my love of blogging more regularly.
4 comments:
Wow--That's quite the marathon post. I want to play with the 4x4 rubik's cube! Very cool. And I want one of those marble roller things--without the feet so it can be stored easily. Tell Dad since you're his favorite daughter. love!
Her first Owie? I guess it's hard to get owies while watching Care Bears; too much hugging and singing and stuff. Try lugging splintery logs up stairs. That'll give you an owie you can be proud of.
you were in town and you didn't even call me :( i feel so rejected
I would love to see the coffee table conversation book. What a wonderful find. There is soooo much in this MIA blog that the comments are all going to be on a different subject. I am amused by Boo's clothing antics. It's merely the first of many. You have soooo many fun times to go through with any one kid, crayons and markers, floaties in the bathtub. The fun times are endless and provide endless entertainment for grandparents.
Endlessly amused and amazed in NEAZ
Post a Comment