Monday, February 2, 2009

The Prayer of the Children

We started working with Boo quite a while ago on learning how to pray, probably the last year or so. And for a while she was doing pretty good at it, a bit repetitive, but hey, that's how we learn, right? Then all of a sudden she stopped, she wanted nothing to do with praying. So we would have to really push her, and help her to get her to pray and even then sometimes we weren't successful. Then enters Sunbeams class. Since going into Sunbeams, she's gained a renewed confidence. Just the last week she has really taken to it, but I really have to control myself when she prays because she has really taken it to a new level. For the most part, she no longer is repetitive, she actually thinks quite hard about what she wants to say:

"Please bless that Mommy will take me to the dentist"

"Please bless that Daddy will go to work tomorrow" (And you'd think it was very considerate for her to pray for the safety of her daddy's job in this crazy economy, but the next day was a Saturday. Bo was a little put out that she didn't want him home the next day.)

"Please bless Mommy to go to the store"


"Please bless Mommy to go to the store and buy me a prize"

And from last night:
"Please bless that I can ride my bike tomorrow... all the way to Olivia's house... by myself... so I can play with toys... and with Olivia and baby Kayten... and watch a movie."

Hey, I can't complain, I just have to not laugh when listening. It's harder than it looks!

7 comments:

Grandma in NEAZ said...

I love the picture of Meghan's baby brother. I like it much better than the turnip.
You make cute children.
XOXOXO

Harkness said...

Bo Lee!!! I found this cool website that has all of these missionaries I served with so now I am saying hello.. willkristinharkness.blogspot.com stop in and say hello!!

Carrie said...

How fun! I'm glad you're recording these treasures.

Anonymous said...

My kids have both gone through numerous phases where they want nothing to do with praying, to fighting over who gets to pray the next day, and so on. Fun stuff. Good for you writing down the cute things they say. I remember you praying to bless the cups when you were probably about the same age. :)

Kourtney Dawn said...

I love little kid prayers, they are the best!!!

Kourtney Dawn said...

Hey, the bag is off of e-bay, I love it!! It was personalized for free, and has lots of pockets and other stuff you can get to go with it!!

Jenny said...

So cute! I love how kids pray.