Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ya know, "thing"!

The other day while in the backyard with Boo I saw a wasp flying around. I told Boo to be careful and watch out for wasps. While telling her that I watched the wasp land and noticed this "thing" hanging outside my kitchen window.
It's a wasps "nest" "home"? Ya know, "thing"! I've never seen anything like it. And bees and wasps freak me out, I'm terrified of getting stung so I had Boo come inside until Bo got home and could take care of it. He got home later that day and being the He-man that he is, he went out and bagged it and took it down the street to a trash can of a house that's empty. He missed catching two wasps which just hung around looking for their... home? ya know, "thing"!; and the next day Bo went out with a fly swatter to kill them for me. Yikes!

I told my friend Sally about it and she gave me this tid bit of information: Did you know that wasps actually bite you. Depending on the species of wasp, they can sting you, but most just bite. Crazy, huh?

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh man, I would be doing the same thing. When I kill bugs, I use a spare shoe and slam it down on the bug and then I leave it like that until Danny gets home. It makes him so mad.
But he leaves milk rings in the bottom of his glasses. So I guess we're even then.

BrandonBunch said...

Yikes, that's scary!

Katy said...

Eww I could have lived without seeing the picture!! Bugs are so gross then you add in your fun fact for the day. Are you trying to freak me out? Because it's working!!!!

Tyson and Angela said...

eek!! We are both afraid of wasps...Tyson more so than me! ;) It just gives me the heeby jeebies thinking about it!

Ashley said...

ok that is so gross i would of FREAKED out...yikes