Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Conversations of a 3-year old

If I only had a brain... Do-do-do-do-do-do-do

Listening in to her playing with her babies and her Tinkerbell doll:


Boo: Talking to Tinkerbell. Why did you fly into that?

Boo talking for Tinkerbell: I don't know.

Boo: Because you don't have any brains!


- 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 -

Chemical, Mineral or Animal?

Boo Being silly while my sister and her girls were here


Boo: Do you hear that sound?
Us: What sound? The rain?
Boo: Yeah, it sounds like this *she makes a crackling sound*
Us: Yep, we hear it.
Boo: Yeah it sounds like a Jerk.
Us: Laughing. A Jerk?
Boo: Yeah, a big Jerk!
Us: What exactly is a Jerk?
Boo: It's pink.
Us: What does it look like?
Boo: A flamingo.
Us: What does a Jerk smell like?
Boo: Turkey.


A Jerk: A Pink, Turkey smelling Flamingo. Got it.

- 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 -

Swirling?

We bought Trix swirls cereal the other day because it was on sale, which ensued this conversation:


Me: How is your cereal?
Boo: It's really good. Are my eyes swirling?
Me: What?
Boo: Are my eyes swirling? *as she opened her eyes as wide as they would go*
Me: I don't know, go ask your dad.
*she walks into the other room to ask Bo*
Boo: He said no.
Me: Well I guess you better finish your cereal then.
Boo: Then do you think they'll be swirling?
Me: Maybe. Probably. Just eat.


She later asked again, which caused an almost exact repeat of the previous conversation including the trip in the other room to ask her dad. Bo finally called into the kitchen "What is she asking me?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When the occasion comes that our children are speaking to each other, people will think we probably give them hallucinatory drugs. Izzy comes up with some weird stuff too.

To still have that imagination. I am sad I lost it somewhere.

Katy said...

I love that she has such a fantasic imagination! The things she comes up with are great!!! Man I love that little girl!!! :)

Jenny said...

Hey! Don't forget that Boo likes Jerks! Quote from her mouth: "I like Jerks." That was so funny! It will be a good joke for a long time. :)

Kay said...

I like Jerks too!

Grandma in NEAZ said...

I know a lot of jerks, not sure I like 'em.