Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sentimentality

I'm not usually one to be sentimental about my hubby, at least in public to other people. Why tell someone else, when I can just tell him, right? Anyway, but I saw this on a friends blog and thought it would be fun to do, so bare with me through some gushy-ness.

Basics:
1. Who is your guy? My hubby of course, Bo Dree
2. How long have you been together? We have been married for 5 ½ years, but known each other much, much longer
3. Dating/Engaged/Married? See previous question
4. How old is your man? He just turned 27 and he's not sure he likes it!

You or your guy?:
1. Who eats more? Depends on the day and what we are eating. He can definitely out do me when it comes to breakfast foods especially biscuits and gravy.
2. Who said "I love you" first? Him. He was saying it to me when we were first friends. I think he kind of worried me a little by how forward he could be. I quickly got over that and learned how sweet he really was.
3. Who weighs more? Him. But not if he keeps up his weight loss. Although I almost passed him when I was prego.
4. Who sings better? Are you kidding?! HIM!! Have you heard my hubby, he's amazing. He should sing more.... Hint, Hint...
5. Who's Older? Him, by a little more than a year. Although we were in the same grade in school.
6. Who's smarter? He would say me, but he cuts himself way too short. There are a lot of things that he knows that I am so clueless about. He's always been cutting himself short, thank you to Zane and Fred for telling him otherwise in school, he's very grateful to you guys.

Different Ways:
7. Who's temper is worse? Its a toss-up, I show mine more but when his shows its worse. Luckily, he never really gets mad, I think I've only seen him really mad 2 or 3 times the whole time I've known him - 12 years!
8. Who does the laundry? Me, unless I don't get to his work clothes in time then he does that batch, but mostly just me - I really don't mind either. I can sit on my bed and fold while watching TV, it's not so bad.
9. Who does the dishes? Me. It is a pretty rare occasion when he does do them, but I'm okay with that. He works so hard for our family, it's the least I can do.
10. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? ...When you are looking at it? Him.
11. Who's feet are bigger? His, although he has pretty small feet for a guy. His feet are cute! Since having a baby my feet got bigger, so I'm catching up pretty fast.
12. Who's hair is longer? Mine of course. I always said I couldn't marry anyone with longer hair than me. He's actually pretty particular about having his hair short.
13. Who's better with the computer? Me. I think it runs in my family. And I think he's okay with that.
14. Who mows the lawn? Him. I've never even done it. I'm a wuss.
15. Who pays the bills? Me. Because I'm a control freak. Also, Bo claims he can't do it because he doesn't write checks.
16. Who cooks dinner? Me. Another Domestic job that I do because he's so wonderful to go to work for us every day (& night like he did last night - they had a pole down and he was gone from 8:00pm to 6:00am this morning, What a trooper!)
17. Who drives when you are together? We share, but I think I drive more. I get really car sick, and when I drive I don't get sick. Plus I really like driving, and he doesn't mind letting me.
18. Who pays when you go out to dinner? We don't have separate money... so, us? Or if you really want to get technical, him since I don't work. I wish I got paid for the work/job I do, but that's the life of a mom I guess.
19. Who's the most stubborn? Probably me. He would say me.
20. Who is the first one to admit when they're wrong? Probably him. He is so sweet, and I like to get my way. But I'm trying to be better.
21. Who's parents do you see more? Probably mine. Although when we go visit we see both sets. But mine come see us here, so yeah, mine.
22. Who named your dog? We don't have one because of allergies. We wish we could... but we would probably let Boo name it though.
23. Who kissed who first? I'd have to say, him. It might've been mutual, but I'll say just a little more him.
24. Who asked who out? Him. Want the story of the first date? Here.
25. What did you do? Went to a school dance.
26. Who's more sensitive? Me. Definitely me. I cry all the time!
27. Who's taller? Me. By about a quarter inch. I try to claim we are the same with bare feet.
28. Who has more friends? Probably me. But we have a lot of the same friends that we have had a long time.
29. Who has more siblings? Me. I have 5, he has 2 (well technically speaking he has 4, 2 adopted, 2 half, but we don't count the half ones. And even if we did, I still have more).
30. Who wears the pants in the relationship? He would say me. But I don't think I do. I get my way a lot of the time, but that's just because he loves me. We really try to work together in everything we do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet, you guys are great.

Bo can do anything he wants to. he is a bad dude.

Carrie said...

Thanks for sharing this. We have a lot in common Kay. I'll have to send you one of me sometime.