Boo was really sweet to me for Mothers Day, although we confused her a little bit by celebrating two holidays at once. She couldn't figure out what she was supposed to be saying; "Happy Mothers Day Mom" or "Happy Birthday Dad". Being Sunday, we went to church and at church for Mothers Day they gave all the moms roses. We got them after we had finished Relief Society, and because we are women, of course our class ran late so Bo and Boo were waiting outside the class room for me. I came out and this is the conversation that followed:
Boo: Mommy!
Me: Hey you.
Boo: (Eyeing the rose in my hand and with a look of amazement on her face) What is that?
Me: A flower.
Boo: (With a contemplating look) You got a flower at your class?...
Me: Yeah because I'm a mommy.
Boo: But, you got it at your class?
Me: Yeah... (Now understanding that she is thinking that she might've gone to the wrong class today and thinking if she can switch enrollment from nursery to Relief society)
Boo: Is it for me?
Me: No, they gave it to me for Mothers Day.
Boo: (Hearing her cue) HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOMMY!
Me: Thanks honey.
Boo: Is that flower for me?
Me: No...
Boo: You got that flower in your class? Is it for me?
Me: Yes and no, but you can hold it if you want to.
Boo: Okay....
*We proceed to the door to leave, and she must've already forgotten...
Boo: (telling someone standing at the door) Look at my flower I got! I LOVE my flower.
Me: Whatever...
I gave up thinking I was ever going to get my flower back. We have late church right now which makes it so Boo doesn't usually or ever get a nap on Sunday. I guess Mothers Day just wore her out because she fell asleep on the way home with the rose firmly grasp in her hand. Bo actually tried to pry it from her grip and she put up a fight in her sleep.
5 comments:
They learn so quickly what makes for a happy home. "What is mine is mine, what is yours is also mine!" But just remember that they are yours for only a little while. Enjoy.
Lonesome in NEAZ...
Ok that is a hilarious story!! I cracked up reading your coversation with Boo. She is just so cute!!!!!
That picture is adorable. I've also learned that everything that is supposed to mine - usually ends up being theirs. I can't even drink a coke anymore without them taking it over!
That is the sweetest little picture! I love how fun kids can be. Thanks for keeping us updated and I hope your family is well!
Danny gave me a boquet and Lacy was intent on having the BIGGEST flower in the bunch. I gave it to her. And vacuumed it up 20 minutes later. Ha ha! Glad you had a good Mother's Day.
Post a Comment