Monday, May 19, 2008

Yet Another Milestone

Yeah for me! Last night I finished H.P. Goblet of Fire. I was a little concerned that I wouldn't actually finish; I'm not the best at reading long books. As I have mentioned in the previous posts, the book was good and I enjoyed the little detail added to the book that was left out of the movie, which has pretty much been the same with each book. I am at a loss to say anything different. I have been surprised that I have enjoyed reading them. Everyone was telling me how "good" the books were, and I didn't really believe them before I started. Now after reading 4 of the 7 books and started into the 5th book I can see how they could say that. Personally I wouldn't say they were "good", I would give them the title of entertaining. I have been thoroughly entertained by them. I look forward to the 3 remaining books. I am a little intimidated by the 6th and 7th book because I haven't seen the movie to correspond with it. Bo told me last night that that would make them better, but I like know what's coming. So we'll see what I think after I finish. Until I finish the next book...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you can pass the next level of magic. With the first book you learn how to mend broken glasses and open locked doors. In the next book you learn a new skill and with each succeeding book, a new skill. After the 4th book you can turn your 2 year old into a frog and keep her in the garden to eat flies. In the next 3 books you learn how to change yourself into a seductive maven (whatever that is) and to turn Bo into Prince Charming. Now, that will be a tricky process.
It's a joke! Can't you take a joke? I always knew you could do magic!
XOXOXO

Carrie said...

I started the first book and put it down after the cat was in the street (maybe the second page). Sad, huh. I have been skeptical, but everyone who has read them has liked them. It's like the mark of the beast or something.
"Everybody is doing it..." I trust you Kay. Someday I'll give it another go. I like hearing how you like them, though. (that rhymed)