I still haven’t blogged about Boo’s birthday so in a nut shell, she’s spoiled! She had 4 parties! No one but my mom has that much of a birthday! ☺ I took quite a few pictures of 3 of the 4 parties, and instead of crowding this blog with load of pictures I thought I would do the birthday in a slide show. Quick synopsis and then you can scroll through the pictures yourself. First party was at my parents house while we were there for Labor Day, we had my sister and her 3 girls, my parents, my grandpa, with some cousins and friends. Jenny’s girls all had a birthday over the summer sometime so we just really had a “family” party. It was fun to socialize and see people we don’t see often or enough. The second party was with Bo’s family. That was also a shared party, and although they were shared, you wouldn’t have known by how excited Boo was about it. She had to share the Lee party with her cousin Max, their birthdays are only a week apart, but she was totally excited about having a cake for her and one for Max. We also had some friends join that party as well, and again, it was nice to socialize with people we don’t see often. Her third party was just with us on her actual birthday. More it was just a ceremony for her to open the presents we got her. She honesty was more excited about the infamous birthday balloons than the presents she had to open. Her fourth party was the next day, and it wasn’t really a birthday party, just more a reason for her to have some friends come to her house and play. So here are pictures from all the parties except the only where the friends came.
She really wanted dress-up clothes for her birthday, and boy did she get dress up clothes! She got some from both Grandmas and Katie. She has quite the collection now. I’ve tried to take pictures of each outfit as she has worn them around the house. So far I’ve only missed about 3 of them. I will post as soon as she discovers them. Here are the others. The first ones she told me she was not a princess, she was a queen - an angry queen. Notice the "angry" face.
I had my quarterly Enrichment last week, and it went really good, I think. If you couldn’t tell, I’m Enrichment Leader, so I’m in charge, sorta. I work really closely with one of the RS counselors and we get the job done. We had a theme of Christmas in September, we decorated Christmas, and did some Christmas things. I even talked my sweet hubby into coming… I know, why would he even think about coming to Enrichment. Well, he taught a class, he taught the ladies how to make caramels. It all worked out nicely, except for the part of having left over caramels at my house. They aren’t friendly with a diet!
My point about Enrichment was this. The night before Enrichment, I was up wrapping presents, they were the center-pieces for the tables, and I left some stuff out when I went to bed. Now, on a normal morning, Boo usually comes into my bedroom and wakes me before she goes into the rest of the house. Not that morning. I think it was the smell of Christmas wrapping paper that attracted her, just like her sonar hearing to locate birthday balloons. Now I know what you’re thinking, she unwrapped the presents, right? Wrong. She left all of the presents intact, except for one bow. She found the scissors! I guess they were more exciting than digging into Christmas presents. And what does she do? She cut up one roll of ribbon, a bow on one of the presents and then decided to give herself a hair cut. We officially hit the first self hair cut. Lucky for me she didn’t do too much damage, and really she was quite even about the whole thing. Here’s what she cut:
My point about Enrichment was this. The night before Enrichment, I was up wrapping presents, they were the center-pieces for the tables, and I left some stuff out when I went to bed. Now, on a normal morning, Boo usually comes into my bedroom and wakes me before she goes into the rest of the house. Not that morning. I think it was the smell of Christmas wrapping paper that attracted her, just like her sonar hearing to locate birthday balloons. Now I know what you’re thinking, she unwrapped the presents, right? Wrong. She left all of the presents intact, except for one bow. She found the scissors! I guess they were more exciting than digging into Christmas presents. And what does she do? She cut up one roll of ribbon, a bow on one of the presents and then decided to give herself a hair cut. We officially hit the first self hair cut. Lucky for me she didn’t do too much damage, and really she was quite even about the whole thing. Here’s what she cut:
And the sides of her hair:
She really didn’t do that much damage, it was about 4 inches off each side, but I was still caught off guard enough to get… a bit mad about it… I might’ve yelled again… but I can’t be sure. After I calmed down, I counted my blessings that she didn’t do more damage, like cut it to the scalp, cut up my couches, cut off a finger, and on and on. And here’s the final product:
Can’t even tell right? That night, Bo got home from work and I told Boo “Go tell your daddy what you did today” and handed her the bag of hair. She walked over to him and showed him the bag and he asked “what’s that? What did you do?” to which she replied “I cut my hair” and he said “oh yeah, why did you do that?” she answered back “Yeah, I cut my hair, and it made mom really mad!” Oh, the honesty of children.
Since Bo has now worked for SSVEC for a year, we are coming up shortly on a year in our house. We moved in on Halloween last year! I can’t believe how time has flown by. In the short time we’ve lived here, we have gotten to know a couple people. Okay, mostly me, Bo doesn’t get out much and that’s by choice really. Anyway, one of the friends I’ve made here, is moving, rather she’s kind moved or at least is on their way to Maine, and I’m sad to see her go, I was excited to get to know her better. Last week, we had a little going away party. It’s always fun to get together and let the kids play, but the socializing is good for me too. I tend to be a little home-body. Anyway, we’re going to miss you Celeste! Good luck in Maine! Good thing for blogs, we can still keep in touch!!
Since Bo has now worked for SSVEC for a year, we are coming up shortly on a year in our house. We moved in on Halloween last year! I can’t believe how time has flown by. In the short time we’ve lived here, we have gotten to know a couple people. Okay, mostly me, Bo doesn’t get out much and that’s by choice really. Anyway, one of the friends I’ve made here, is moving, rather she’s kind moved or at least is on their way to Maine, and I’m sad to see her go, I was excited to get to know her better. Last week, we had a little going away party. It’s always fun to get together and let the kids play, but the socializing is good for me too. I tend to be a little home-body. Anyway, we’re going to miss you Celeste! Good luck in Maine! Good thing for blogs, we can still keep in touch!!
We took pictures of the kids together. Needless to say, we had to take a few, and still when do kids ever really behave for a picture?
I’m on my way to paint my kitchen. And actually I think Bo was pricing on the internet this morning, things for improvements, so we might have some work ahead of us. Anyway, I think going to do something with the paint in my kitchen. I did this with photoshop, so it’s just to get the general idea it’s not really what it’s going to look like, and ignore the dirty counters, but what do you think? Do you like the red?
And which red do you like?
This last Friday Lydia came and visited. Although she had ulterior motives, it was still really great to see her. She came to get some caramels from us, but any excuse to come visit. We went out to dinner and showed her the sights. Rex Allen is a famous guy from here and they have a shrine to him in down town. We got out and walked around a bit, we’ve been there before, but it had been a while.
4 comments:
I like the red I think it will look good and I vote for the darker shade. I knew your baby was spoiled but man alive I didn't realize she was 4 parties worth of spoiled!!! I absolutly love the angry queen picture so funny!! Love ya!!
p.s.
Please email me the pics you took from lunch when you crazies were here!! :)
I like the darker red, too. See you soon!!!
And I vote for the darker red as well.. has character and depth.
But then what do I know... I watch way too much HGTV.... I love Colorsplash.
Post a Comment