100 Random Things About Me
1. I hate word verification! In the words of my sister “I tend to leave fewer comments on blogs with word verification because I hate doing it so much.” Amen.
2. I love movies, except for horror/scary movies.
3. And yes, I still have nightmares because of them.
4. I have a photographic memory, hence the nightmares because of scary movies.
5. I have OCD. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It makes me crazy about the way things need to be.
6. Although I have OCD, it doesn’t mean that I have a clean house all the time. Wish I did though.
7. I can’t stand when things aren’t even and symmetrical.
8. I am obsessive about making sure my doors are locked at night. I can’t go to sleep unless I’m sure Bo or I checked them first.
9. I’ve never seen the movie Big, with Tom Hanks. Surprising, I know. I’ve seen only the piano scene from it, but not the whole movie. It’s been playing a lot lately on TV, so I have it set to record on our DVR next week. I’ll finally get to watch it!
10. I LOVE LOVE LOVE DVR! I don’t know how I lived before it. I now hate to watch commercials. And the freedom of watching my shows when I want to is so great.
11. I’ve never been to Las Vegas. Shocking, right? Someday I will plan a trip and check out the sites finally.
12. I love watching movies. Period.
13. Although I love watching movies, there are a few really famous movies that I have never seen.
14. I have never seen the movie Rudy.
15. I have never seen The Godfather.
16. I have never seen Tombstone much to my husbands dismay, it’s his favorite, and we even own it.
17. I’ve never watched the Singles Ward the whole way through, I didn’t really like the beginning that much, so I never finished it. Although I really enjoyed the RM.
18. I started to watch You’ve Got Mail about a hundred times while I was in high school and never made it to the end. I always got to the part where he sees her in the restaurant and then is fretting about what to do. I always thought I didn’t like the movie, even though not seeing the end. It wasn’t until recently that I actually finished the movie and actually really like it.
19. I’m a sap for a good chick flick.
20. I love that my husband will sit and watch my sappy chick flicks and not complain. At least not for the first few, I have to throw in some action movies every once in a while.
21. I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up.
22. And a massage therapist.
23. And a respiratory therapist.
24. And an interior designer.
25. I still plan on becoming an interior designer.
26. Yet, I never wanted to be a doctor, although I considered doing nursing, mostly for the know-how when my kids get sick or hurt.
27. Although I’d never admit that my mom was right, I regret not going to EA right after I graduated. Can’t change the past, but I wish I would’ve.
28. I used to love going to the movie theater. Not so much any more. I would rather rent a movie and watch it on my couch at home snuggled up to my hubby. The freedom to pause a movie for a bathroom break usually can’t be compared to the big screen.
29. Although I enjoy a movie on my couch at home, having a 2-year old makes watching movies difficult. She doesn’t much appreciate our selections in movies.
30. And although I like movies at home, there are still a few movies worth seeing in the theater.
31. I think I want to be a Photographer, or at least I want to start taking pictures. Those of you who know me well are probably laughing since I am always snapping pictures, but I really want to start taking nice pictures. First step, buy a nice camera…
32. I’ve never been to Hawaii. All of my family has, but not me. I’m kind of bitter about it really. Someday I’ll go…
33. I’ve only been on a plane once, I flew to Florida for a wedding. I hope to fly more, but not because I loved it, it would just mean that I get to go more places. Flying wasn’t really that exciting.
34. I have a permanently broken toe. The pinky toe on my left foot bends sideways. I have caught it so many times on the couch, ya know, as you walk by then catch it and continue your walk swearing. It’s kind of gross to see. Ask to see it next time you see me.
35. I’ve never seen a single James Bond movie. They just never really interested me. If I had to see one, of course I’d see one with Sean Connery in it, yea!, he’s nice to look at! Did you know, he has since retired? I didn’t know that! I was watching something on TV the other day and they said he’s now retired. Man, I’m going to miss looking at him… But who could really blame him, he’s been acting for over 50 years!
36. Since starting this list (like over a month ago… give me a break, 100 facts about a boring person is hard to come by!), I have watched Big. I really liked it, I love those cheesy 80’s movies! I also really like Tom Hanks, he’s a great actor.
37.One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say or blog that they have the greatest husband/wife in the WORLD! I mean really people, are they the best or just the best for you. I could accept that you have the best husband for YOU but I don’t think he’s the best for me, personally. Besides, I know my husband is great, but there are a lot of really great guys in my life, my dad, my brother and brother-in-laws, and guy friends I have, all of these guys are great. So by me saying that I have the best husband ever is really just putting these other guys in my life, and the guys in other girls life, down. I could go on and on, so just know it irks me when people say that. Not that I’m going to stop talking to you or reading your blog if you do, just know that I may not be showing it, especially if we are face to face, but I am horribly rolling me eyes at you.
38. One of my biggest fears is that I am the lady with the smelly house. You all know someone who has “the smelly house”, I just worry that I’m that one. So, I over-try to make my house smell good. It’s a complex that I just can’t shake.
39. I love to cook, but only sometimes. I get in these cooking moods and just cook and then I burn out. I don’t think I cook great, but I hold my own.
40. (Are you kidding me, only #40?… I started this list like 2 months ago now, and have just been slowly adding to it. It will be Christmas before I finish!… and yes, I’m counting this as something “About Me”)
41. I wish I were more “experimental” with my cook abilities. My siblings are probably laughing at this comment since every night my Grandpa would come eat with us my Mom called whatever she made and “experiment”. I just wish I branched out more, and tried new things.
42. I wish I liked sea food. It’s so good for you, I just can’t get over the fishy smell and taste. Also, I don’t have the slightest clue how to prepare it.
43. My other problem with fish is that I’m a “well-done meat” kind of person, and I hear you can’t do that to fish or it ruins it. So really I will probably never branch out into fish.
44. I don’t like shrimp. I will eat popcorn shrimp, I actually rather like it, but it mostly breading and I cover it in some sort of good dipping sauce. But I won’t eat regular shrimp. Something about the texture makes me want to gag.
45. Sure wish I liked fish…
46. I, tend, to, use, commas, way, too, much.
47. I’m rather good at English, but I don’t like it much.
48. I’m also rather good at math, but I don’t like it much either.
49. I like balancing my checkbook.
50. I loved working at the bank.
51. Money is the coolest. I think collecting money is awesome. I found really interesting things when I was working there.
52. The fraud department of the bank was almost even cooler. I learned how to make fake checks, and I’d be pretty good at it, except that it’s wrong, and against the law, and wrong. So I guess I’ll just keep my talents hidden.
53. I don’t really like doing laundry. I don’t mind doing the washing part, I just don’t like the folding and putting away part. It’s so tedious, and long. I will admit that it’s gotten better since I got a TV in my room, I can watch my shows and fold, while the little one is in the other room watching a movie. It’s not uninterrupted by any means, but I at least get the job done.
54. I don’t dry 90% of my clothes. I dry everything else, but I hate it when my clothes shrink, so I don’t dry them. Your thinking “No Kay, your clothes aren’t shrinking, you’re just getting fatter” and yes, you’re right, but they usually shrink up and that’s got nothing to do with fatness. But really, I hang dry almost all of my clothes, it’s tedious in itself, but I guess I feel like it’s worth it. They last longer, they don’t shrink, and the colors stay longer.
55. Back to TV. Have I mentioned that I love watching TV. Call me a bad person, but it’s my guilty little pleasure. Some people play video games, some… I don’t know, do other stuff, but I like TV.
56. I faithfully watch Days of our Lives, I know it’s a soap opera, but I like it. And ya know what, the term “soap opera” should be widened anyway, I think shows like Friends, One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls, even ones like House and Pysch are like a Soap, it’s got a story line you follow with characters that have a back story. So don’t judge me! I don’t really care if you do, I’ll still watch it.
57.Other shows we watch faithfully: House, Psych, Burn Notice, Biggest Loser, Life, Chuck, Crossing Jordan, we were Heroes fans but the 2nd season sucked! So Bo has opted to give them another try and watch the 3rd season, but if this one bombs then he’s giving up on the show.
58. Some of our not so faithful shows but we still watch them are Law & Order (I like crime shows), TLC’s What Not to Wear, Mythbusters, How it’s Made, Unwrapped, I also like those baby shows but Bo hates them!
59. Then there are some summer series that we like, Burn Notice is actually a summer show, but I like it so much I put it in the other category. We like Last Comic Standing (although didn’t agree with the winner this year), and America’s Got Talent (although most days we can’t stand David Hasselhoff; what even qualifies his opinion? Somebody really, what?)
60. Now this really shows how long it taking me to finish this list. #16 I said I had never seen Tombstone. About a week ago I watched about 80% of it on TV with Bo. Lucky for me it was the edited version so they cut out most of the language. It wasn’t too bad of a movie, probably not one I’d watch over and over but it was okay.
61. I did learn some interesting things from Tombstone though. One of the Earp bothers was killed here in Willcox. One of the other guys was killed, or committed suicide out by a place Bo was working and he saw the “grave stone/land marker” out there.
62. We have yet to go visit Tombstone, but one of these Saturdays we will meander over and check it out.
63. We really haven’t gone out of our way to really see anything down here and there’s really a lot of places to go. Since Bo works outside and travels a lot he’s seen more than me, but he’s still got a lot to see. I guess we just need to make a list and just do it.
64. I just wrote 25 About Me things in one day! I’m on a roll! Maybe it won’t take me until Christmas…
65. Have I mentioned that I hate word verification! But not as much as I hate when I don’t get the letters right because some letters look the same, and it makes me re-type it. Nothing makes me angrier!
66. At first I hated being a stay-at-home mom. I thought I would love it, but I didn’t. I missed working, but I knew being at home with Boo was more important. The longer I did it, the more I liked it. Now I love it, and the thought of going back to work makes me sad to think that I could be missing this time with her.
67. I loved working because it made me feel important. When I worked for the bank, each job I had, I mastered. I liked the feeling of being smart.
68. I’m so thankful to have a husband that thinks me staying at home with our children is more important than money. I’m thankful he supports our family, and allows me to stay home.
69. I still miss my job even now. I dream about going back to work. I wouldn’t trade my life, but I can’t help but miss it.
70. This last April was one of the hardest times in my life. I didn’t think having a miscarriage was going to be so hard.
71. I wish we got pregnant more easily.
72. I wish I were pregnant now.
73. I know I didn’t love being pregnant, but I actually miss it. I miss feeling the baby. I even miss the big tummy. Sick right? I guess that’s what happens when it’s been over 3 years.
74. I’m RH Negative. Gotta love those Rhogam shots!
75. I hate needles. Shots, IV’s, needles. I hate them.
76. After having a baby I got better about them, but I still don’t like when I have to get blood drawn.
77. I hated needles so bad when I was younger that once, my mom took me to get shot at the doctor with out me knowing, she tricked me, and when I went into the office a family friend said to me “Oh, you’re here to get shots today, huh?”. I looked at my mom very angry, grabbed her keys, and went and locked myself in the car. It took her a while to talk me out of it, and she must’ve offered me something great because I consented to get the shots.
78. Every time I go to get my blood drawn, the nurse always tells me that I have crappy veins; they always have a hard time finding one.
79. After I delivered Boo, I was so swollen that they almost couldn’t find one; I got poked more than 15 times. 4 nurses later they finally got it right.
80. Aren’t I done yet?… I hate word verification...
81. I’m starting to think that I’m not really that interesting of a person.
82. I’m double jointed in my fingers. But only in 9 of my fingers.
83. Now I’m really stretching for something interesting about me…
84. I finally read the Harry Potter Series. I know, a couple years late, but I did it. I liked the books, and I wasn’t disappointed in the movies since I saw them first. I think it actually made the books better. I think I liked them enough that I might read them again.
85. I’m not usually the kind of person to read the same book more than once.
86. I’m really not much of a reader.
87. My sister and niece are trying to get me to read the Twilight Saga. I’m still up in the air. I was thinking I might pull a Harry Potter. See the movies first, and then read the books.
88. Yea for 88! I’m almost done!
89. I’m kind of a girly girl. I like pedicures, and fake nails, and dying my hair. It’s fun! I think Bo would like it if I wasn’t so girly.
90. I’m on a mission right now to lose some weight. Eat healthier, more water, more exercise, and NO sugar.
91. I’ve never really been heavy in my life so this is a new concept to me. I’m not really even sure how to lose weight.
92. You’re thinking “why lose weight when you are planning on having a baby”, and you’re right, but I don’t seem to be having a baby so the more I weight for it to happen, the more time passes that I could’ve lost weight.
93. I would be doing good if I lost 20 pounds, 30 pounds would take me back to my high school weight.
94. I’m so close, but I’m really running out of things to write about myself…
95. I have worn glasses for almost 20 years on my life, and I am so ready to get lasik surgery, it’s not even funny. I’m just terrified of it…
96. I’m now considering implanted contacts after reading about it on a friends blog.
97. I guess these last ones I could make a little sappy, I love being a mom and a wife and part of a really great family. I’m not contradiction #37 because I’m not saying my family is better than yours, I’m just saying that I love my family. And yeah, I’m sorta rolling my eyes at myself for getting sappy altogether.
98. Okay, enough sappy-ness, I love trucks! So much for the girly-ness in me, but nothing is better than a big truck, with big tires, a lift, glass packs, and a great sound system. I’m drooling just thinking about it.
99. I may love trucks, but I will probably never drive one. Gas is too much, and they aren’t much of a mommy-wagon. The lift is problematic for getting a baby seat in.
100. And what more can I say for #100, I totally rock! Okay, now I really am rolling my eyes at myself! Although I am pretty proud of myself for actually finishing this. Now for the next 3 months I'll be thinking of things I could've put on here. Next time, right?
For posterity, right?? Honestly it's kind of a bitter sweet thing to do. I feel exposed because now you know all the weird things about me, on the other hand it's almost therapeutic to put it all out there for the blogging world to see. Try it for yourself!
4 comments:
#34: I want to see your freaky toe.
#37: You are the best little sister in the whole world. Just so you know.
#38: I came home the other day and could distinctly smell "poor people" in my house. Ick! (there were several days worth of dishes in my sink, I think that's why...) I worry about that, too. My friend whose house I think smells fine, had a 5yo tell her that her house smells like vomit. ha ha
#44: I agree with the shrimpy texture. yuck.
#54: good for utility bills, too! I hang some things, but not much since something that takes a few hours to dry in AZ would take days to dry here!
I'm really enjoying this. if I didn't need to go to bed right now, I'd comment on more.
#84: ditto
#85: ditto
#86: ditto
#100: I did the same thing. For days I kept thinking of things I should've written on my list.
Thanks for the read. I loved it!
Love you!
ok Kay! I can't believe how many times I said..."ME TOO!!". Crazy! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the giggles I got out of it! I feel like I know you better now. Good way to get to know you since we live 1000+ miles away.
You're still watching Days of Our Lives huh? I don't get to watch the show very often because I am typically at work when it comes on but the rare times that I do catch it, I think "what the crap has this show turned into?" Haha..I used to watch it everyday as a teenager during the summertime and I thought it was the best. I can't keep up with the insane plot these days. That list was forever long. I might have to start one too.... =)
I miss the bank sometimes too, the Holbrook branch tho-- NEVER Winslow- Also you should definetly read the Twilight Series! And are you saying you haven't read Harry Potter!? I have twice and I'm sure its not the last!
Post a Comment