Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Little One

So since I have been a slacker in posting... anything, I thought I should at least acknowledge. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOO! What a crazy 3 years. I can't believe how fast she is growing. It feels like just yesterday she was:
Now she's:
I'm going to miss her like this when she's all grown up, which feels like it going to be tomorrow. (I was going to post a whole bunch of cute pictures of her over the years, but then it occurred to me that they are already in a slide show at the very bottom of the blog. Watch it, you can slowly watch her change over the years)

A funny story to go along with her birthday. Last night I went to the store since today is Sunday, I had to get a couple last minute things for her birthday, more specifically some balloons. I probably didn't need to get her anything else, but hey, you can't help but spoil them. Since I went to the store when she was still awake, I left the balloons in the car with plans to retrieve them later. We put her down for bed, and lately she has been really good to stay in bed and go to sleep. Boy, was I wrong to think that she would actually cooperate. Home girl has some kind of sonar hearing... I went outside, got the balloons, came inside, locked the car and proceeded to the living room. I had just walked past the hallway when I hear: "Mommy? Did you buy me balloons?"
Crap!
She caught me so off guard my first response was not a good one. I, trying to hide the balloons behind me said... loudly, "Go back to bed! Go! Go! GO!" She didn't take kindly to this. She burst into tears, and wails. I scooped her up and took her into our bedroom. Bo inquired why I had... okay okay, I yelled at her... I yelled at her on her almost birthday... I'm the meanest mommy there is! Anyway, I held her and tried to calm down her screams. I mean, they were real tears, none of that faking crap. In the midst of her tears she got so upset that she started sputtering, and then a minute later proceeded to throw up all over our bathroom floor. Great... not only did I yell at her, I made her throw up. Because of her allergies and ease of throwing up, we have become experts in the duty of cleaning up. We stripped her down and put her in the shower. While Bo washed, I mopped up the floor. I also took this opportunity also to hide the balloons in our spare room.... We got her out of the shower and got new PJ's to put on her. As I'm dressing her, she is looking around and says very quietly to me "Mommy? Did I see balloons out here?" I just had to laugh, and I said "Maybe. Maybe I got them as a surprise." Without missing a beat and with a grin she says "I was in bed, and I heard balloons so I came out to find them." I mean, how do you even respond to that?! For the rest of the night, Bo gave me crap about me making our daughter puke on her birthday. And what do I do? I blog about my child's pain, because that always makes for the best stories!

More birthday pictures to come... I promise...

6 comments:

Katy said...

Happy Birthday Boo!! I can't believe I was so caught up in my own crap that I totally forgot to call her today!! So give her a huge hug and kiss for me and remind her that I love her!!!
Love you guys and thats for your support in my crap too.

Katy said...

ps. I changed my blogspot address.

Grandma in NEAZ said...

Laura did that to me on her THIRD birthday. I was making her a bear and was almost finished. She hadn't taken a NAP! that day and SHOULD have been TIRED! and ASLEEP in her BED, but she kept getting UP! I did some yelling "GO BACK TO BED!" but she didn't cry and she didn't throw up. Maybe I had conditioned my kids well enough with yelling so it didn't phase them to ignore it.
Bad Momma

John and Laura said...

I think that's why I throw up so much when I'm pregnant--I'm still traumatized from being yelled at.

Kay, you're a bad momma! Thanks for sharing your finer moments with the world, so we don't feel so bad when we do the same thing!! ha ha

Happy Birthday, Boo!

Anonymous said...

awwww poor Boo...
But HAPPY Birthday... Sorry I didn't call either... Shame on me.. i am a bad uncle...

But I make up for it... I spoil her just like the rest..

Angie Prusse said...

Okay, I have decided that you are freekin' hilarious! I am home by myself and I am laughing out loud with no one to hear me!!! :) Thanks for the smile and laugh! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOO!!! We love you!
Love, Uncle Tyson and aunt Angie! :)