Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest

I'm sitting here checking my email and reading blogs and Boo has been perched precariously on my lap and here's the conversation that just ensued:

*We saw a picture of a dog*
Boo: Mom, I don't like dogs.
Me: Oh yeah? Why not?
Boo: Because I'm allergic to dogs.
Me: That's right! You are.
Boo: Yeah, I'm allergic to dogs. But I'm not allergic to people. Just dogs.

Thank goodness! I don't know what we'd do if she was allergic to people!

-------
Here's the scene:
Bathroom. 2 o'clock. Boo on the potty. Me sitting on the edge of the tub. Waiting.

Silence
Boo: Hey Mom, there's a bum on our wall.
Silence
Me: Sure enough.
Silence
Boo: Well, who's bum is it?
Silence
Me: *I couldn't help my chuckle* I don't know Boo, it looks like a baby's bum.
Boo: Is it me?
Me: No, just some other baby.
Boo: Yeah, there's a bum on our wall, and it's a baby.
Me: Yep.

I think that might just be my new catch phrase. There's the a bum on the wall!

2 comments:

thebush3 said...

My cat that we just put down last Christmas was allergic to us - I did the blood work to find out - so he was itchy because of us

Katy said...

Boo is so freakin' cute she always has the most random thoughts!! I love it!! Hey don't forget to call me as soon as she gets her special suprise in the mail!! Love ya!!