I would like to say I'm going to be posting some cute pictures of Boo in her Halloween costume, I would like to say that we handed out candy to all the cutely dressed kids, I would like to say that Boo had a great Halloween trick-or-treating, but since I can't I guess this will have to do...
I know what you are thinking, "You didn't celebrate Halloween with your child?" Noooo; if you were listening, I said I didn't. Even though Halloween isn't my favorite holiday, that's not the reason we didn't take Boo out, we do have a good reason though, we were moving! As I've mentioned in many previous posts, we are in the middle of a move. We had actually just moved a load of "junk" (I'm calling it junk because I'm sick of moving it...) and were on our way home. Our landlord warned us that the neighborhood we are moving into is really big on trick-or-treaters so we tried to hurry to beat the rush. We did have some candy just in case they got there before we left and Boo happily helped herself to 3 suckers. I really did contemplate dressing her up just to say that I did, but I took advantage of the fact that she didn't really miss it and wasn't asking for it. (Bo keeps trying to convince me that we should do the same thing for Christmas.) For a costume I was even thinking easy; my friend Ashley gave me the idea: in just normal street clothes I was going to have her wear a sign that said "Nudist On Strike". I just couldn't fit it into our schedule to make the sign; packing seemed much more important. So, to make a long story short, no Halloween pictures and packing is slow but good.
On the subject of packing, we hoped to be moved by the end of the weekend. We are going to try and pack all the big things over tomorrow and then finish up Saturday. Because of this, we won't have Internet for a while so this is my last blog for now... I hope to have it back up as soon as possible, but you know how life goes... sometimes it doesn't happen in a timely manner. (Especially when you live in a small town.) So until we have Internet again, take care and stay out of trouble...
3 comments:
I hope you and Boo survive the move. Wish I was there. :(
Grandma in NE AZ
I'm pretty sure it's considered child neglect if you don't at least put some sort of costume on her and take a couple of pictures. For heaven's sake, at least toss a sheet over her and pretend she's a ghost.
I'm appalled you don't like Halloween. What's not to like?
Post a Comment