Thursday, June 26, 2008

Updated Updates

I haven't really been posting lately... Or when I do they are just one liners. I just have gone through a dry spell of sorts. Not that we haven't been doing anything, it's just I haven't felt inclined to post about it. So I thought I'd write an update post about recent activities. Here goes...

A bunch of people asked for a picture of my haircut from the front. I'm not usually inclined to post narcissistic pictures of myself, but I got asked a lot. So here it is. I've sort of adjusted to the new doo, but I'm still missing my long hair. Live and learn right? It's just hair, it grows back.

We got a new computer. Actually we still have our computer, we just got a laptop. I'm so excited to have something portable. Isn't it pretty? I've been busy trying to get all of our music put on to our laptop. It's a big job. This laptop have about 4 times the memory that our home computer has, so hopefully we can finally have ALL our music on the computer.

I also got a scanner as well and have been busy scanning away. I'm trying to organize my pictures and get them all digital. I started with my wedding pictures, first scanning the negatives then the hard copies that I didn't have negatives for. Then I started asking other people who might have taken pictures at our wedding for copies of their pictures, so if I didn't ask you and you have some, send them my way. I'd appreciate it! Here's a couple of the ones I scanned. I plan on doing a slide show when I get them all scanned and photo-shopped.

We bought our house! Finally, everything is final. It's good to have a house again. Now, on to changing things. I've started a list of projects already. One with stuff that won't cost money and one that does. I plan on taking before and after pictures of all the changes, I'll post them as we finish projects.

In the mean time, we've been working in the yard a lot. We have a side-yard in our back yard that needed some serious help. I didn't take a picture before we started working on it, but here's one of the yard part way through of cleaning it up. We have plans for the yard, so I'll also post those when we get something done with it.

I've done a lot of planting also. We started a garden a month or so ago, here's our spoils so far. Cherry tomatoes, and Chile.
This is our cucumbers, they are doing really good but no cucumbers yet. I can't wait. Mmm...
We also planted another tomato plant and a bell pepper but they aren't doing so well, they kind of look sick... Any ideas?

I've been crazy about planting flowers. I have a flower bed with 2 rose bushed in our front yard, that I planted flowers from seeds in, and they are all growing but no flowers yet. I've done a couple potted flowers that are doing good, and I have 4 hanging plants that I really like. They are hanging a little too high right now, but that's on our list to fix.

Boo also has her own garden that she waters. (yes, the flowers are fake, but hey, they won't die)
This is my little project. I used the containers from the flowers I bought to plant more seeds in. So far the only issue I see is that I used too many seeds. Learn from our mistakes right?
This is the other little project. I found these neat peat pot at the store that you can start seeds in and when they mature you can just pot the pots and they grow. So far I only have a few signs of life, but hopefully they all grow.

Boo has been sick lately. She gets croup at least once a year and it puts her out for about a week, and she has been going just crazy couped up inside. She finished her medicine yesterday and is pretty much better so she got to play with Olivia finally. They played at her house for a couple hours, then last night Olivia came to our house while her mom went to Young Women's. They had a good time running around and making a mess. Here Boo is trying to teach her how to play Memory. After a while it turned into just a card game made up by 2 year olds.
Boo is actually rather good at this game. I've played with her a couple times, and she wins. It took her a couple of times to understand what a match was, but she eventually got the hang of it. Now she only struggles with understanding turns, she wants it to be constantly her turn. She's truly 2, isn't she?

Lastly, I've added a couple of new recipes to my recipe blog, so check them out! I've got plans to do some movie reviews, but I haven't gotten to them yet. I will be going out of town next week for a while, so it probably won't be until mid July before you see them. Until next time...

3 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

i love the wedding pics. i'll send you some if i can find em on my computer.

and just think about this... i cut my hair shorter than an inch a couple times... your hair is still a mane! :)

Carrie said...

Your hair is smokin' hot and sassy! I like it on you! :)

Carrie said...

I love the idea of fake flowers for Boo. LOL. I'll have to remember that. Congratulations on the house! I'd love to see it and hear more about all of your upgrades to it. Good luck! We've thrown around the idea of a "worldwind" family tour of AZ next summer. We'll see.