Thursday, July 31, 2008

There's a First Time for Everything

This is really to the women out there, but I welcome the men's comments as well. How many women out there have never mowed the lawn? To those who have, I commend you. Growing up I never mowed the lawn, either my dad or my brother(s) did it, so I wasn't learned in the ways of the landscaping art form. After I got married, my hubby took the responsibility of mowing and never complained. I know, I'm spoiled. But last week I was inspired by Jordan; she mows her lawn, what a he-woman! or so I thought. When I told her I had never mowed the lawn she laughed at me, and laughed even harder when I told her I didn't even know how to turn it on. So the he-woman she is, she taught me to turn on the lawn mower. Really, that easy? So I got the guts up yesterday to try to mow the yards. I am really shocked at how easy it was! I even attempted to work the weed whacker, and even after a few battle wounds, I did it and finished the lawn. I know, such a cheesy thing to be proud of, but I was. Boo even helped out, she went out and picked all the "gangylions" as she says it, before I mowed. What a helper! So thanks for the inspiration Jordan! ☺

4 comments:

John and Laura said...

I mowed the lawn ONCE as a teenager. It was okay, but I'm not begging John for that chore anytime soon. He's too good at it to take it away from him! But I'm proud of you! Go, Kay!

btw, I thought your blog was rated PG. What's up with the lawnmower comic nudity? sheesh, Kay!

Ashley said...

haha wow your such a dork face! i guess i never had the luxury of my brother doing it cuz he is so much older than me, shoot after we got the riding lawn mower we would fight over who got to mow it haha...im glad you learned, good lessen for you! you crack me up! and by the way...whats with the naked guy!? haha jk

Carrie said...

I too, have never mowed a lawn. I missed that lesson growing up with 4 brothers and a Dad. You make me feel guilty to enjoy being spoiled like I have been. Maybe I should break out the lawn mower and surprise my husband. Was Bo proud of you?

Grandma in NEAZ said...

Hey! What's with the buns hanging out? I thought I was the only one with a skewered mind.
I have never used an electric or gas lawn mower. Don't know how to turn 'em on. I tried one of those gravy whip, non-electric, pre-history, cave man lawn mowers and that was not a successful venture.

I appreciate the guys in our family who have dragged out the machinery every week in the summer, especially the hunk who does it for me these days so I don't have to do it in NEAZ