A little preamble to these posts is probably to explain what the Homestead is. Lucky for me, my brother posted a nice explanation last summer for his readers. All I could really add to this is how wonderful it is to have a place to go to escape the stresses of life. And thanks to Grandpa Austin, we have an awesome cabin to stay in. Isn't it amazing?
Isn't that a great pile of sand Boo is playing in? She had a hay-day dumping water from the bucket onto the sand. Too bad grandpa uncover the sand after all the cousins left, they would've had a good time getting dirty.
This is the staircase that Bo and I got for the cabin. We got it from... some friends (I don't know if I'm supposed to say where we got it... no, we didn't steal it, it was donated, but... I don't know, I'm crazy!); I think it's pretty cool. It adds character!
This picture I took for Carrie. Here is my truck from High school, this is Rusty (I didn't name him). He, I think it's a he, has been retired since. He now lives at the Homestead and my dad put him to work helping load and move rocks.
Enjoy the vacation posts!
1 comment:
Thanks for showing me Rusty. He's a beaut'! I remember riding in him with you and seeing the history of all of the roadkill he had created in past years with you and your siblings. Good times!
Post a Comment