Monday, August 18, 2008

Disney Movies

I know all parents have different takes on whether or not to let kids watch TV/movies. I am one who chooses to let my child, some days just for my sanity. I have to admit that although she has learned some good things from shows like Dora and other shows like that, those same shows tend to grate on the nerves of anyone over 4 foot tall. Lately I have come to really appreciate the fact that Boo now likes to watch Disney movies. Most of the movies have catchy music, and aren't so blantetly obnoxious that you can stand to be in the same room with them. I've been slowly introducing Boo to more and more Disney movies, one of her newest favorites is Toy Story 2, although she likes the first one she can watch TS2 over and over. Yesterday I introduced her to Hercules. She's watched it twice now; it's funny to have her explain the movie when she one seen it twice. It does have some "scary monsters" in it, but they don't seem to bother her, maybe it's my over-protective-parent-ness that thinks it would be scary. She was even attempting to sing the music in it after only the first time watching it (we've got a singer on our hands!). Anyway, Hooray for Disney movies and the fact that she will now watch them!

1 comment:

John and Laura said...

I'm with you! Disney movies are awesome. Well, all movies that entertain my children are awesome. But maybe I'm a bad mom...