Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mud Pies & Puddle Jumping

If you've never seen the show Jon & Kate Plus Eight, you've got to check it out. It's on TLC, and I'm not sure of the time. Anyway, I don't watch it faithfully, but I've seen enough episodes to know that I don't ever want a multiple birth of more than two. Two is plenty and maybe even more than I could handle. I couldn't imagine having a set of twins and a set of sextuplets! Wow! I tell you this because I watched an episode the other day that made me chuckle. They were on vacation and so they were doing some things that they don't normally do. Kate said that she doesn't usually allow them to get dirty, that for the most part they don't get down and dirty in the dirt and ya know, stuff like that. On the show she was letting them paint with pudding (this was right after I saw your blog Laura), and then they painted their bodies with the pudding. It was humorous to watch. Why you ask am I telling you this? Well I think I'm a bit like that. I really don't let Boo get as dirty as she would like to most days. I know I need to let her, but it always seems like too much work to clean up afterwards. But this last week, I've been rather proud of myself. Twice I let her get muddy and didn't care about how much work the clean-up was, I just let her enjoy herself. Here are a couple pictures from her mud pies making session a couple days ago.
Then today we got completely dirty today but I didn't get any pictures. It rained here and I let her splash in the mud puddles while I finished my gardening in the rain. I had started working outside 3 hours before the rain started and was determined to finish, so the last hour or so I was outside in the rain. Boo got all geared up in her Oaki Wear boots, her Elmo umbrella, and he Strawberry Shortcake jacket and went to town splashing around in the water and mud. We even caught a frog which she named Mr. Frog after the last one we caught last Saturday while working outside. We also caught a snail last Saturday that was named, of course, Mr. Snail. She was disappointed today after I found the frog and I couldn't find Mr. Snail as well. It almost took away the excitement of having the frog period. We were both soaked to the bone when we finally came inside... But I did finish my planting!

No comments: