Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer Fun

Boo has enjoyed the spoils of the summer, she gets into the public pool free (score!), so we have gone a handful of times. Even with a good slathering of sunscreen, she still seems to still get a tan, at least it's not a burn. We went twice when her cousin Shannon was here, two or three times with Olivia, and a couple times by ourselves. I'm not comfortable with my bodily state at the moments, so we stick to the kiddie pool with my legs in the water.
Boo is quite the water dog, she loves it. Next year I plan to enroll her in swim lessons. The pool closes on Tuesday (that was this last Tuesday, so it's closed now), so we will probably take advantage of the last swim, and look forward to next year (she will still get in free, score! The pool here is free for age 6 and under.)
So I never finished my posts about vacation. Here is the final synopsis. After camping we went to visit the rest of the family up north, mostly Bo's family. Bo had plans to work with his dad to get some odd jobs done, it was a good time for Boo to visit with her Grandma Lee. While there, Bo's mom decided that it was time to start getting rid of her sewing stuff, she says she has moved on to bigger and better things (she makes the most awesome felt art, and does wonderful cross-stitch, I think that's what it's called), so she wants to give me all of her fabric. Since we had the means to transport it home, we said OK! We went and picked up 5 big tubs to put the fabric in to pack it in the truck. After a couple hours of digging it out, we have the bins full and more fabric to go. She had, rather has a TON of fabric. We didn't even make it to the stuff downstairs, I don't think I'm going to have room for all of it! Since getting home, I have also organized the fabric and notions we brought, so I'm ready for another load to sort through to find the treasures that are hidden in the mounds of thread. Going through all of this makes me excited for future sewing projects. Here are the tubs in our shed, anyone need fabric?
We were up north for a couple days, and we were ready to come home. We brought Bo's niece home with us to stay for a couple days. It was a rough car ride home with a little bit of car sickness, but we made it and were thankful to be out of the car. Shannon was with us for 4 days, and Boo just had a ball entertaining her. Boo just loves company! We went the pool twice with Shannon and even went the the movies. We saw Wall-E, Boo likes going to the movies, but doesn't really like sitting for more than an hour so she wandering from our aisle to the aisle in front of us quite a few times. We were sad to have Shannon go home, but since her family came to pick her up we got to see them again and they got to see where we live. They have future plans to come back and go sight-seeing. We'll see if they really do...
That week we had a lot of visitors, probably more than we've had since we've lived here. My brother Brian and his wife stopped twice, and their way to and from Texas. It was fun to have them come and see where we live and go out to lunch with they also made future plans to come and sight see. Again, we'll see...

3 comments:

John and Laura said...

I loved the Happy Birthday video. And I love free fabric! Our neighbor offered us some... hmm, I need to go get that. And I think you're a hottie in or out of the water! hubba hubba

ll said...

Kay i can't believe how big your girl is getting.....man how time flies. She looks so much like you. I hope all is well with you and your family. ttyl!

Jenny said...

Holy Fabric, Kay! I might find it in my heart to make a bag for you if you share. :)