Boo is really going through a real independent stage right now, she wants to do stuff on her own. I've learned that it may take more time in the long run, but it's less of a fight if I just let her do it. It was really a hard thing for me to accept, I seem to be somewhat of a control freak... I'm going to Control Freaks Anonymous. She has been interesting to watch going through this phase. I find that toddlers are very unsure of themselves and don't like to be embarrassed. When she puts her shorts on wrong, she gets really upset and doesn't want my help to fix it yet continues to be upset and slightly embarrassed that she couldn't do it on her own. She has also showed a keen interest in cooking lately. So, I oblige and let her help stir and what-not, but she still is interested in the stove, and oven which she is always overly upset when I tell her she can't help take stuff out of the oven. The real issue with her helping cooking is:

She wants to lick everything we make! Ew, no one would buy it! She's tried cake batter, waffle batter, cornbread batter, really, if it's batter, she's probably tasted it.
She gets such satisfaction out of helping too. It's fun to watch her learning, and just trying. She tries so hard at things, she really wants to be big.
She was helping Bo make biscuits the other day, I had an apron on so I didn't get grease on my shirt so she had to have her apron on.
Then she had to have a turn mixing the dough, then she had to have a turn with the rolling pin and of course she wanted to cut all the biscuits.
And yes, she couldn't help herself from sampling the dough.
3 comments:
Aiden is the same way! I too have had a hard time adjusting to this. He also likes to get into random things in the kitchen & make his special "soup". This stage is driving me crazy, I hope it doesn't last too long! I'm afraid it will though!!!
I think it's cute she just want to be like her mommy and do everything on her own!! She is adorable!!!!
What is it with batter? My kids love it, and I think it's disgusting! Good for you letting her do it. That's a hard thing to do.
Post a Comment