Thursday, October 11, 2007
Cows vs. Turkeys
I may be considered a TV junkie, but there are things to be learned in TV land. I enjoy watching The Biggest Loser. Not because it gets me off the couch to work on losing weight but because I like to see the losers at the end of the show and their amazing transitions. A couple weeks ago they were talking about cooking, they mentioned that when making Taco's you should use ground turkey instead of beef to cut down on the fat. I'm not one to be particularly experimental but I had wanted to try turkey at some point. So, I stepped out side of my box and tried it. I cooked it and seasoned it exactly like I normally do, and what do ya know, I couldn't tell the difference. I'm writing about this, just to encourage you out there to maybe step out side of your general taste buds. Besides the fact, who could really turn down cutting down your fat intake??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Go baby stepper! Little changes, when added all together, make for better health. That said, I don't use ground turkey, so when I'm feeling more like myself...in about 7 months, I will make a point to try it! Thanks! :)
That's why I prefer sugar cookies decorated to look like turkeys instead of cows.
Hmmmmm... tacos made with turkey shaped sugar cookies. That is an interesting concept. Maybe you could start a new trend. However, that combination of ingredients doesn't do ANYTHING about fat content, unless you are going for dessert tacos and are completely ignoring the fat factor of what you are eating.
Hmmmmm...turkey shaped sugar cookies wrapped in angel food cake slices with whipped cream embellishment, possibly with chopped nuts and a few maraschino cherries for color.
As long as you are working with TURKEY shaped cookies (might as well), it would seem appropriate to work in some Thanksgiving type flavors into the angel food cake tortilla, but having tortillas on Thanksgiving seems odd to start with, so how about turkey shaped cookies chopped up, with whipped cream of course, and spread as a topping on a pumpkin dessert. That would be keeping with a theme, still ignoring the fat factor.
Hmmmmm... I can see all sorts of uses for turkey shaped sugar cookies. I could go on for a while longer, but this could get out-of-hand.
I will bring the whipped cream all the way from NE AZ
Turkey is great. We use turkey more than we do beef now. A grilled turkey burger is great stuff.
Hmmmmmm... grilled turkey shaped sugar cookies. That's another interesting concept, an exotic taste sensation.
Experimental cook in NE AZ
Post a Comment