Friday, October 26, 2007

What's all of the fuss about??

As you well know this blog stuff is not my usual cup of tea, but Kay is always on the computer playing around so I thought I would give it a shot. If my thoughts are some what scattered I apologize. What I am trying to do is comment on other peoples comments and posts, and say a few thing about what's going on in our lives. To start with, I wanted to tell everyone that I love my new job/career. I am happy that I am working in a field that I can both support my family and have some job security. At times I find that I miss both Mesa and Joseph City/Holbrook. In Mesa I miss all of the conviences that the big city has to offer and the great friends that we made. On the other hand you can't beat the small town life. Joe Town/Holbrook has friends, family and the opportunity to go shooting when ever I want to. My wife has informed me that two of my friends had a heated discussion that I would like to add to. Friend one hated small towns and the "mentality" that comes with it. Friend Two deafened small town living, pointing out the life in "the big city" has draw backs not to mention "valley attitude". Well friends it is a well known fact that I am a country boy at heart and lets face it when you grow up in Joseph City you have 2 choices, Love it, or Hate it; there is no middle ground. You will never know where you truly stand on the subject until you live on both sides of the fence. Now friends one and two, this is the truth of the matter; what is right for one person is not right for another. A fish can brake through the shimmering surface of the water and soar high in the the fresh air but only for a short time. If the fish stayed out of the life-giving water the end result would be just that, the end. I feel as if I have been babbling on with out coming to a real point. So having said that, the point I was trying to make was quite simply you will like what you like and you should be tolerant of others right to their opinion. Now I have have to go, untill next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am curious if the discussion you heard about was one I got to see firsthand? That issue became heated quickly.

Anyway, good to see you web logging. You have quite the way with words, you should bring it around more often.

Anonymous said...

I agree that not everyone is going to be happy in one place.

I LOVE small towns and small town living. I don't like people who are racist and exclude people because they think differently than you. In my experience, this happens frequently in small towns. That's all the point I was trying to make.

You, however, are not one of these people so you shouldn't take offense.