The first is a funny one, it's always been said if you start a talk with a joke your audience will be more inclined to listen. Lets see how that goes... Boo loves church! She loves it, but she doesn't appreciate sacrament meeting very much. Sitting still and quiet for over an hour just seems too much for her liking. Plus she knows what comes next and she really likes Nursery so it makes her a little antsy. A couple weeks ago we were wrangling her as we always do during church, we try anything; coloring, stickers, toys, food, etc... Nothing works, but somehow we seems to make it. This particular week we had done pretty good and made it to the closing song with out too many interruptions. We were singing the closing hymn when she started to become restless, so in an attempt to calm her I said "Do you want to go to Nursery?", and of course she replied with an excited "YES!". So told that we just had to finish the song, have the closing prayer and then we could go to Nursery. This seemed to suffice her long enough to finish the song. A woman got up to pray and she folded her arms and sat patiently on my lap for a few seconds. When the lady dragged on in her prayer, Boo became concerned that she wasn't going to Nursery so she started to ask me to take her to nursery. I told in a whisper "Shh, we'll go when the prayer is over". She took in a deep breath and again sat patiently. A few seconds later her head had tilted to the side slightly, then more, until she was completely laying down on my arm. Then it started... She proceeded to start SNORING! Quietly at first and then louder and louder and louder. I was trying so hard to keep in my giggles that I couldn't stop her from her disruptive yet funny behavior. Luckily the prayer finally ended and Bo and I both broke out in laughter. Boo was quick to say "Amen" and pull me to take her to Nursery. We are starting to see that she may have a comedic side to her...
The next story is some what just to brag at our gifted child. I am quick to admit that I have a TV addict on my hands; she loves TV. Most days I find peace in her fascination with the Disney channel or Nick Jr., because it gives me a few minutes to myself. People argue that it's not good for her to watch TV, to them I say "You must not value your sanity". But, they are right, she should not spend all day watching TV, and she doesn't, but she does have her shows she likes to watch. But my bragging moment comes from what she learns from "her shows". My 2-year old can count to 10! And even sometimes 12, I'm not saying she's the only one, but I've never seen a 2-year old do that. Once she gets past 3 she just keeps going, but her usual counting goes "1, 2, 1, 2" which makes it rare for her to count to 10 or even 12. She has also learned some Spanish words from Dora. So, TV really can be educational.
This last story isn't really a story, I'm just stating it for a factual purpose for posterity. For those of you who don't know, Boo is allergic to Milk/Dairy. We found out the hard way right after she turned 1 when we went to introduce Milk. Up until this point she had not been interested in eating cheese or yogurt, as these are food items that are okay to have before they turn 1. So we tried some milk with some Cheerios, and she just ate them right up. It was all fine and dandy until I went to go clean her up. By the time I got her to the sink to wash her off she was covered in hives; all over her face, neck, chest and arms. So after a dose of anti-histamine she was fine, but since then we have had a lot of instances of milk problems. If you didn't know, Milk is in EVERYTHING. Most things that have it baked in it don't seem to affect her so badly in the area of hives or throwing-up, it seems to have affect slightly on the way out... So now, for more than a year we have had to be careful at what we feed her and be extra watchful around other people to make sure they don't feed her anything as well. She has always been a little sensitive to food even before we discovered her milk allergy. Some people are surprised at what out there contains Milk, because if you don't have to watch for you just don't think about it. We have had people try to feed her obvious things like chocolate, mac & cheese, etc., that we have to stop them and remind them of the milk contents. My reason for posting this aside from posterity, is that yesterday I was looking through my new parents magazine and found an advertisement for a company that help state an obvious fact, being tactful about it and not embarrassing but and also puts it on a shirt. I am really wanting to get a shirt from there for Boo, my set back is that they are expensive! Here is the "generic" version for allergies, but their website states that you can write/email and get a specific shirt made to fit your child's allergy.
It's kind of an interesting website, it's not just for allergies there are shirts for autism, diabetes, and lots more random stuff. Check it out!
My second reason for the allergy posting is that we have had 2 bad days in the last 4 where she had up-chucked most likely because she ate some form of dairy. I guess it could be worse; she could be allergic to gluten or wheat; that would be really hard to avoid. How does that song go? "Count your many blessings, name them one by one..."



4 comments:
What kid knows how to make loud fake snore noises?? That's great! She's a little character.
Bless you my child, you won't regret keeping cute notes about your charming children. It's entertainment when they have quit being cute and charming.
Been there in NE AZ
You should just buy some blank shirts and write witty things on them. Like:
Got Milk? Then stay away!
Milk: it does my body bad.
If you don't feed me milk, I won't throw up on your shoes. (probably)
Don't give me no milk and keep your hands to yourself.
I don't drink anything from an udder.
Me: the anti-milk
S'oy la vie
Lactose free and loving it
Livin' la vida soya
Can't have a cow (or anything like unto it)
No Cheese Please
Yogurt? NO-gurt!
I love cheese (but it doesn't love me)
My vomit has a first name, it's C-H-E-E-S-E
Cheese stick? Stick it!
How do you spell diarrhea? L-A-C-T-O-S-E
Sure I'll have some milk, just let me get my puke bucket first.
INTOLLERANT (of both lactose and your bad attitude)
I love that story about Boo Snoring in church!! Your Baby is to funny!! Oh and I agree with udderly stupid in vancouver you should just make your own shirts. You can even get iron on paper and create them from your computer!! That could be a fun time!
Post a Comment