Monday, October 22, 2007

Old Tucson Studios

Last week Boo and I went up north to help out a friend that was out of town, and we had an enjoyable time visiting with family and friends. In short, we were gone last week and didn't take any pictures so nothing really to report...

But, we came home on Friday to pack up to go to Tucson on Saturday. Bo's work had a company party in Tucson. They paid for a hotel room for Saturday night, and paid for dinner at Old Tucson Studios.

Even though I had lived in Tucson previously, I never made it out to the Old Tucson Studios, and now that I have gone I should've made time. It is definitely a tourist thing to do, but it was a lot of fun. Although, part of the reason it was fun is because we had Boo there with us and she made it fun to do. She really enjoyed looking at all the fun things they have there.

When you walk in the gate they give you a map of the Studio, it looks like a map to Disneyland. We didn't make it around to see everything due to a press for time and trying to wrangle a 2-year old. Bo would've liked to see all of the historical stuff, but unfortunately that's not something that is very interesting to Boo.

They have a train there that you can ride around the whole studio, and Boo very much liked going on that.

The conductor was this cute old man and he was very sweet to her, he let her get on the conductors seat and take a picture with him.
We got to have a ride all by ourselves, it was fun.

She was very impressed with the horses that they have there. These horses must be very accustomed to people because they didn't even flinch when approached by a little wild 2-year old.

There was an unimpressive very green duck pond with only one duck that she was so desperately trying to feed.

We showed up too late to watch the Can-Can girls so I just got a picture of the from a far.

We passed them a couple time just out walking around, and they were drawn to Boo to tell her how cute she was. Boo didn't really know how to take these scantily clad women in too much make-up. But she was gracious enough to take a picture with one of the girls only because she talked Boo's kind of talk.

Boo is a very friendly kid, which makes us nervous most days. At the "city hall" exhibit there, she noticed a little girl and walked right up to her and started talking to her. The two little girls attached on to each other hand-in-hand and walked off.

They walked around the exhibit while the other little girl, who I was guessing was about 3, told her all about everything including bossing her not to go behind the "Do Not Enter" sign.

I later met the parents of the little girl who's dad works at the same company as Bo. We met in the dinner line and conveyed stories of our overly-friendly, oblivious to stranger-danger daughters.

They have events scheduled throughout the day like the Can-Can dancers, a played-up gun fight and other "old west" shows.

The only one we saw was the gun fight which was interesting, but Boo was highly uninterested. So we didn't watch the whole thing.

Here we are locked in the jail, Boo didn't seem to understand the implication.

Here is the town Saloon, I thought was cool looking. There are movie posters inside that show what movies have been filmed there. There were quite a few John Wayne movie; they have kind of made him the general theme character. He is talked about in almost every exhibit. The only movie I was really interested was the Three Amigos, it was filmed there. I didn't get a picture of it, but we pasted the church that's in the movie on our train ride around the studio.
They served us dinner at the Studio there which was kind of boring, but it was dinner none the less. I think the boring part was really that since Bo is new at the company, we didn't know anyone there. He works in Willcox on a team of 4 people; he has also met a couple of people from the other 2 crews that are out of Willcox. But all of the people he has worked with and met seem to be "anti-social", which in essence describes Bo but we thought we would give the work party a chance.

The party was called Family Fun Day, so they had a lot of activities for kids but Boo was a little too small to enjoy them. They did give some prizes to kids that she liked, her favorites were the glow sticks and the sucker. She later dropped her sucker on the ground and was completely disgusted that the dirt stuck to it, then was mad because I wouldn't let her eat it until I washed it off.

All in all, it was a good adventure and going to the Studio was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I've heard of this place, I'm glad you got to go, even though you didn't know many people. Hey, nothing beats a free trip!

Anonymous said...

ok so there is one picture on here of Bo and Megan and i have a picture of me when i was little in that EXACT spot! haha Old Tucson is fun! i want to go back! woo hoo are you happy im reading your blog and commenting it?!