Monday, February 4, 2008
Blogging Milestone
I have hit a blogging milestone, I have 100 posts! And on the day I hit 100 posts I finally figured out how to customize my blog, I know I know, I'm a slow learner. But in honor of my milestone I thought I would share some blogging secrets that maybe some of you don't know about. First of all, do you know how to customize your blog? Well here is a site I stole from Mallory that gives some backgrounds (they are free) and tells you how to adjust your HTML to allow a custom backgrounds. I will also add the site as a permanent fixture on my blog for future reference. Second is something my sister Laura showed me; have you tried Google Reader? If you have, do you love it or hate it? And if you haven't tried it, you should. It's a page where you can subscribe to all the blogs you read and when you sign in it shows all of the blogs you read and of those blogs, which ones have new posts. How annoying is it to have to click on each blog just to see if they have new posts or not? Let me know if you need help signing up, but it is well worth using if you read more than just a couple blogs. Anyways, that's the extent of my knowledge and expertise; let me know what you think. Happy blogging!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hip Hip Hooray! You got to 100 fast! Google Reader is the best! Love it and love it.
Oh, and I love you, too!
I don't like google reader. It doesn't show the fluffy stuff, such as pictures on the side. And then I just go click on the individual blogs anyway and then Google reader doesn't register that I have read them and so it tells me I have new ones to read. You will NEVER convert me to Google reader. Besides Google stock just went down, so what does that say for Google reader? -- not a whole lot, but then again, it may influence how the election turns out.
-- Google reader underwhelmed in NEAZ
Post a Comment