Sunday, February 17, 2008

I Wanna Be A Cowboy Baby!

If you know my husband, you would know that he's not a cowboy. He likes western things but he is definitely not the cowboy hat wearin', goat ropin', sheep pushin', Brokeback Mountain Willie Nelson lover. Oh wait, he does like ol' Willie but I don't think listening to Willie Nelson makes you a cowboy. But if there is anything that might make him slightly "cowboy-like" it's that he owns two pairs of cowboy boots, and wears them as often as possible. Yesterday we went "out-on-the-town" and went to a couple of the old shops around town. They have a clothing store that is a western outfitter-like place, so we went to check it out. If you knew me in high school I did wear my fair share of tight wranglers back then, but I'm not so much of a fan anymore so I wasn't looking for anything for me. I did find a couple really cute pink belts for Boo but I just don't see the good in playing a fortune for a belt that she doesn't really need. I mean, I guess she does need a belt from time to time, but I'm not ashamed to find one on clearance at Wal-mart that would do the job just the same. Anyway, we made our way around the store and I came upon a pair of boots for little kids. They were pretty cute, too big for Boo but I turned the over the see that they were $50+ dollars! Wow! Really? I don't even buy shoes for me that cost that much. Bo has been wanting to get Boo a pair of boots to wear but like you just saw, they aren't cheap. So on we went to keep "window-shopping". Then Bo just happened upon another pair of kids boots. This time they were more Boo's size so we decided to try them on her, ya know, just for fun. Well turns out, she looks so cute in them, she liked themso much and they were so much cheaper than the other pair we saw. They aren't girly by any means, but that just means that whether we have girls or boys they can both wear them.

What do ya think? I think they are cute. She actually wouldn't take them off the whole time we were at the store so we just put her on the counter when we went to pay and the cashier just rung her up. The rest of the time we were out she happily wore the boots around. At first she was walking a little funny in them, but after a while she got the hang of it and now she's a pro. So to show them off we dressed her a little western for church today and she wore the boots to church. Some of you are probably cringing at the thought of boots on a girl at church, but she was so darn cute! These are a couple of the pictures I got when we got home from church. Once I broke out the hat she really got into to being a poser.


Once she was done goofing around with the hat she got a hold of my camera and wanted to take some pictures by herself. I showed her which button to push and she went to town. Here is the only one that really turned out, the rest were of the floor, the wall, the trash can and other odd things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya hick! Ü

Anonymous said...

She looks so adorable!! I'm not a fan of the whole cowboy/girl thing but she makes it cute!!!

Anonymous said...

She is just too dang cute! I totally noticed her boots in church and thought, how adorable, then got side tracked and forgot to ask you about them. Way too cute! I think the cow girl thing works for her!