As I started making my shopping list for this week, I discovered something that I thought I should share. I try to go shopping every two weeks, it's sometimes hard to plan that far in advance but I'm getting better. With that, it's really difficult to estimate how much of something we are going to need for a two week period. I bet you are wondering why I am dishing my shopping problems on to the general public. It's not because I need help with my problems it's because I want you to know about our little "egg" problem. One of Boo's favorite things to eat is scrambled eggs. She eats them everyday for breakfast and sometimes asks for them for lunch and dinner. So estimating that, she eats 2 eggs for breakfast everyday, that equals over a dozen just for her in the two-week period. Now add that to my baking needs, Bo's breakfast burritos, my tuna fish sandwiches (I add hard boiled eggs, it's good. Don't knock it until you try it!), and just eating eggs in general, it adds up to a lot of eggs. Last time I went shopping I bought 3 of the 18-pack eggs and I ran out yesterday. Since Boo wanted eggs again today, and I am doing my bi-monthly shopping tomorrow, we went to the store today and bought just a single dozen eggs. By the time I leave tomorrow to go shopping, they will mostly be gone. That's over 5 dozen eggs in two weeks! Who does that?! I was talking to my friend Jordan the other day about Boo and her love of eggs and Jordan mentioned that her daughter Olivia, Boo's friend, is allergic to eggs. So when Jordan goes shopping she only buys the 6-pack of eggs for their family. What a difference. So I have planned to buy 4 of the 18-pack eggs tomorrow in hopes of last the full two weeks. Eggs of the world, beware!


1 comment:
Wow - That's a lot of eggs! Chicken haters!
Post a Comment