Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Week in Review

I thought I should update a little since I haven't really been posting lately. We were all sick last week so it was hard to feel motivated to find anything to blog about. Most of the week Boo just slept; she would find a random place and just crash. That is totally not normal for her. She is very serious about sleeping and if she's not in her bed she won't sleep. But being sick is different, the need for sleep over powers the need to have things just the way she likes them. Here she is asleep on the couch, I think she got tired of me taking pictures because she covered her eyes to not be bothered by her mother, the paparazzi.

This week we are all finally feeling better. It was the first time since we had Boo that we have all been sick together. It's really hard to feel sympathetic to your ailing husband or child when you yourself are feeling under the weather. With both Bo and I taking on the burden, we all somehow survived. Boo still has a little cough left, but she is definitely back to her old self.

I have also taken on the project of going through boxes to try and make our next move easier. We have quite a few boxes that haven't even been opened in months; I figure, if we aren't missing what's in them then I probably need to get rid of some stuff. I have started a D.I. box and am slowly filling it up. I find myself having a hard time getting rid of things that are to be considered sentimental. I'm sure we are all this way, but I really feel the need to be more organized. My sister Laura is a wealth of knowledge, or at least good at getting up on a soap box and has helped me decide what should be kept and what I won't miss if I throw it away. Her mantra, “Just throw it away, you won’t even remember it next month.” I call her frequently with opinion questions and I'm sure she's tired of the obsessive calls. Sorting boxes is a slow process, but it's keeping me busy.

I know what you're thinking, "Wait, did I miss something, I think she just said they are moving...” Well, no, but I know we will move again and it will probably be sooner than we would like. Bo has been given some good vibes about him officially starting his Apprenticeship in March and that could possibly mean a move. Even if they don't move us out of Willcox, we will probably find a house to buy and move anyways. So for right now, we don't have set plans to move, but inevitably it will come.

Boo is doing great in her toddler bed. We had one rough week, and since then she has really taken a liking to her “big girl bed”. I wish she would take this new thinking as far with potty training or giving up her plug and sippy cup, but I guess I can only expect one step at a time….

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you kids are feeling better!! I like the new background for valentines/single awareness day. It's super cute!!

Anonymous said...

Ok - so that isn't funny at all! You better not move and leave me...you just got here! I am glad to hear everyone is doing better and that Boo likes her bed. You will have to help me when I moved Olivia to a big girl bed :o) Oh and by the way your egg post made me laugh. Who buys that many eggs??? Out of control!!!!!

The Ellsworths said...

Nice background! I still haven't gotten that creative yet, but I enjoy looking at everone else's great style.
Sorry about the illnesses; it is is REALLY a bummer when mom is sick too! Good luck with the donating thing. If you have any grand ideas on how to let go of stuff, please let me know. I'm having the same dilema! Good luck with everything and keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Soap box?!?! You want a soap box, I'll give you a soap box...

Doesn't it feel so liberating to throw stuff away? I love it!!