Friday, February 15, 2008

What's this white stuff?

Now, we've only lived here for 4 months now so we don't really know what the weather is generally like so take this for what it's worth. Today has been exceptionally cold and wet. It has been cloudy and it sprinkled most of the day. Bo wasn't too happy about the weather because when it's wet, it leaves him working wet. But on the other hand, Boo and I enjoyed the little bit of rain we got because we got to watch the bird in the backyard enjoying the run-off water that was making small puddles on the ground. We even went as far as to throw some goldfish crackers on the porch in hopes that the birds would come close but alas, they didn't fall for our trap. We had to resort to watching them from the kitchen window. As the evening progressed I didn't take time to look out the window until dinner was over and when I finally did, this is what I saw. Actually, this isn't the view out our kitchen window but the snow was better in the front yard. If you look close enough you can see the snow falling, it's the white specks in the picture.

In the 4 months we've been here it's only snowed one other time, a couple weeks ago but you can't really even call it snow. It snowed, but the snow melted before it even got to the ground. Since it is still snowing as I type, I will take a picture of the finished product. This may seem a little weird to be excited about snow, but take in account that we have been living in the valley for the past 3 years so it's been a while since we have had snow in our front yard.

Bo's commentary: "The funny thing is, two days ago it was sunny and almost hot, now, it's snowing. That's Arizona for you."

**An hour later it started to rain/sprinkle and the snow promptly melted... Good thing I took a picture when I did!

No comments: